Map 3 - 2
Map 3 - 3
Izambane Islands
Map 2
Map 3
Join us at

miningdead.com

Walkers Breaking Certain Items.

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Tawdster, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Tawdster

Tawdster Member

I think walkers should be able to break certain blocks. For instance walkers should be able to break glass or doors. I think walkers should also be able to break barricades.

ThunderDragon3 likes this.
  2. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

It should be determined by the number of walkers if it is to be realistic and those kinds of mechanics would be too hard to add. I do wish they had it as it would add realism. However, I also like not being ambushed by hordes inside of a small shack.

Tawdster and Chocolattae like this.
  3. Tawdster

Tawdster Member

Why wouldn't you? IT would be fun xD

FalseHorseFranz likes this.
  4. CastielCraw

CastielCraw Member

I somehow like that idea. The gameplay would benefit a lot from that and at the same time would contribute something to the realism, since the idea matches with the series. The walkers both in comics and television were able to break trough certain materials and objects like doors and wood walls, while everyone in the game can just hide behind a frickin' door and escape trough the backdoor what doesn't correspond to the TWD universe.

Tawdster and FalseHorseFranz like this.
  5. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

I enjoy the idea but I feel like it would be too hard to get into the mc server. I love it though, would be cool if it could be a thing.

Tawdster likes this.
  6. OnlyCrazyPvP

OnlyCrazyPvP Member

its not realy hard to code that zombies can break a specific block the ability that zombies can break blocks (wooden doors) is already in minecraft you can change the mob ai to allow them to break blocks like glass or barricades even the glass replace mechanic is already in the game (cause bullets etc can break glass)

7. Chocolattae

Chocolattae Apprentice

I like the idea. It definitely accelerates the fear factor in TMD that I feel is lacking in PVE especially. Walker farming barricade platforms eliminate the need to actually do anything to kill walkers, but with them being able to break barricades, that’d change up gameplay quite a bit. As Franz said, the amount of walkers should determine whether or not they can break a given material or it’d be unrealistic. Gone are the days when you can seek refuge in a building when you’re swarmed if this gets implemented!

8. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

I definitely think it would work in terms of immersion and gameplay. The only issue would be if they can do it.

"They were so focused on if they could, they never stopped to think if they should..." xD

9. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

I need to make another ideas thread. This community has so many great ideas and no one is implenting any! Upgrade to 1.9 and add some stuff, here we go now

Tawdster and Chocolattae like this.
  10. Tawdster

Tawdster Member

What do you mean?

11. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

This thread inspired me to make another idea thread. This was such a great idea, this would make this game so much more realistic! Thank you for this great idea, this had better be added

Also... check TMD > Ideas and Suggestions. The ultimate idea thread By me

12. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

Well, I like this idea, the only problem is only a few ideas could be added due to the mechanics and texture pack. If there were more devs I would agree because it might just be doable. I don't know if it is doable in this particular circumstance, and if it is I highly would enjoy seeing this be implemented at least as a test concept for a few days.

13. Tawdster

Tawdster Member

I'm a tester on HavocMc so I could maybe see if we could make this idea possible on the Test server.

And if it maybe works we Can maybe add it into the game?

14. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

I like this, so sure.

Special Deals
sale

Mining Dead Ultimate Crate Pack

Twitter
TeamSpeak

IP: ts.havocmc.net

Join Server
Discord