Map 3 - 2
Map 3 - 3
Izambane Islands
Map 2
Map 3
Join us at

miningdead.com

tpa and monthly bonus

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Mistermooey, Aug 4, 2017.

?

Should this idea be added or should speeder be buffed?

Poll closed Oct 6, 2017.
  1. Add this idea

100.0%
  2. Add this idea but allow it for all ranks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Neither and leave it the way it is

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mistermooey

Mistermooey Member

You should do what tmd has tpa for ranks and monthly bonuses since people with mythical join hopping for a monthly bonus and so do I so please add that. Also speeders are not faster enough so tpa just be added but have a cooldown of 1 minute or only get 5 tpa's per life and it resets every time u die.

2. Corriiin

Corriiin Member

The TMD map is far larger than the MW map which gives a reason for the tp command to be available. It is not necessary in Mine Wars as you can travel fast enough already on speeders that can be found in a vote/legendary crate. With a speeder, you can make it across the entire map in a matter of minutes. And if you are going to make a poll, please create a 'No' option.

KoalaKooki and KakaHatu like this.
  3. Al_Cool

Al_Cool Member

I would be more than happy to find a monthly bonus in Mine Wars! For example, this can be as simple as increasing the available voting funds by 1 per rank. (5) for mythical!

As for the suggestion about reducing travel time, for those who played any elder scroll's games, why not including a travel system between cities? As example someone could rent a NPC taxi's service, then climb on the back of a Ronto to travel back and forth between Junk town and Mos Aneck!
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ronto
    https://havocmaps.net/mw/tatooine/#/309/64/544/min/0/0

4. TurnToChrist

TurnToChrist Member

The possibility of having a faster travel system or way to get around the map quicker has created several discussions in the past. However, in my opinion, bringing the TPA command into Mine Wars is not the way to go, in this case. Let's take a look here...

Pros of including /TPA:
    -supposedly being able to conveniently teleport to players whom you trust, to get to certain areas of the map lightning fast
    -would encourage people to donate, and bring more donators' interests to Mine Wars

Cons of including /TPA:

-opens a door for a LOT more opportunities to scam players out of their rare items and money
    -ruins the point of other sources of transportation (the love of speeders and other things that might be added later)
    -a lot less people would say "Taxi at spawn, 200 CC a ride anywhere on the map!"
    -would be based even more on the "pay2win" concept

Overall, it's something that would make many players jealous of those who have TPA, putting them at a great disadvantage, and probably discourage them to play Mine Wars as a whole. As we know it, Mine Wars doesn't have the greatest sense of community in terms of getting along with each other at the moment. However, that's mostly due to players getting away with whatever they want, blindly calling others out for hacks without any evidence at all, just being plain rude to each other, and things like that. It's only natural for such behavior to take place though, since there usually isn't anyone to tell them otherwise as of now. Adding a feature that would further the disrespect for your fellow player mates just doesn't seem like it would "help" Mine Wars in any way. But this is just my opinion.

As Corriiin was saying, if speeders are used correctly with the driver knowing where to go, you can get to pretty much anywhere on Tatooine rather quickly. Yes, going to places that are typically far away from the headquarters, such as Knave's Hideout and Tusken Village may take a bit longer than comfortable, but the majority of builds are quite easy to reach, even without speeders. Again, this is just my opinion and how I view the addition of player teleportation.

I've been trying to come up with ideas for an efficient way to travel place-to-place faster than speeders, but not something that would dent the economy that has been built up so far. Possibly something that makes long distance travel seem like an instant, but for a price. I was thinking maybe something like a train system that you could ride and it would take you to a safezone inserted close to the desired location. But again, the current feel of Tatooine being a wild-west-like map where you have to go places yourself should be kept the same, for the purpose of keeping the world's logic intact. A map like Coruscant is a different story though xD. If you have any ideas feel free to message me and maybe we can construct a detailed idea for the topic ;).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly bonuses, on the other hand, seem like they would offer SOME sort of positive benefit :)! Perhaps a variant of /kits in a sense, that doesn't make one too overpowered yet still giving them a slight advantage or convenience.

Ex.) 1 Tusken Cycler, 1 Mandalorian Sniper, 1 DC-15a, 1 R80 Microblaster, 1 quarterstaff, 6 thermal detonators and 10 gold coins.

This is a long enough post though, so I'll just end it here.

Xendrack and Corriiin like this.
  5. TrueViolett

TrueViolett Member

I have to agree with @Migloof on the pros and cons. I haven't played much of MW, but I've played enough to know that its unnecessary and would probably cause more arguments than anything. Alongside that, it ruins the purpose of working for transportation items already ingame (As Migloof already said) and also just ruins the purpose of enjoying the map. Its not as large of a map as many people think it is. Having a /tpa command added, in my honest opinion, is the same thing as asking to be spoiled with shiny trinkets. We can get around the map fine on our own! Work them leg muscles! :D

6. Qizu

Qizu Member

I'm not to sure with the "tpa" option. Someone could just tpa their buddy into sith spawn and ruin it for everyone. As for monthly bonus, the crate is already there and I would love to have a monthly bonus as it gives more value to our money spent on ranks.

7. Unsanctified

Unsanctified Member

Is there no option for me to say no? You are oppressing me and I think you should be thrown over trumps wall of pizza! Let all the hard-working Mexicans in and get rid of prejudice, racists, mean people like you who take away my rights No means NO!

8. MrMe5303

MrMe5303 Moderator

Personally I don't think the ability to tp people should be added or other massive things that give ranked people a extreme advantage. However I would like to see ranked people get a monthly bonus of a sort.
    Just an idea
    Vip: Legendary crate every 4 weeks
    Champions: Legendary crate every 3 weeks
    Legends: Legendary crate every 2 weeks
    Titans: Legendary crate every 1.5
    (The reason for Titans only getting them every 1.5 weeks instead of 1 is because of how much extra space Titans receive in their nexus)

9. Zynatual

Zynatual Member

I don't think this should be added...It could be too overpowered cause MW maps is smaller then TMD maps...And Speeders In MW is also faster in cars/bikes in TMD and you get free speed 2 with the Sabers.

10. Zynatual

Zynatual Member

Also, i would like to add Monthly Bonuses when we have more chance getting Legendary Boosters.

Mistermooey likes this.
  11. Mistermooey

Mistermooey Member

Just buy legendary crates I got 3 leg boosters from buying 2 crates

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  12. Unsanctified

Unsanctified Member

I still feel oppressed and I have NOT been answered I lay awake at night thinking about what went down here..... I dont fall asleep till my heart attacks make me pass out from pain and exhaustion. This needs to be stopped ban the horrible person who made this thread that takes away peoples free will....... Or I will be forced to end it all tonight....

13. Mistermooey

Mistermooey Member

Not to be rude but Titan nexus barley gives any space

14. ShadedDevil

ShadedDevil Member

Special Deals
sale

Mining Dead Ultimate Crate Pack

Twitter
TeamSpeak

IP: ts.havocmc.net

Join Server