Map 3 - 2
Map 3 - 3
Izambane Islands
Map 2
Map 3
Join us at

miningdead.com

Mine Wars: Guilds?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by IHaveInternet, Dec 10, 2016.

?

Should Guilds be added?

Poll closed Dec 24, 2016.
  1. Yes, I think it should be implemented.

42.9%
  2. No, I don't think it should be implemented (explain why below).

42.9%
  3. Yes, it should be implemented with a few tweaks (explain what/why below).

14.3%
  1. I think guilds would be a good addition to add to the network. If guilds do become successful then you could add it to TMD afterwards. For now however, I think it should be on the Mine Wars servers only due to the fact that the community isn't as large as the TMD one and it would be in a more controlled environment. The reason I think guilds would be a good addition is because it would add more competition on the network seeing how leader boards aren't back yet.

The plan:
    Only Elite+ and up can create a guild and you can only transfer your guild to another Elite+. Ranked and non-ranked players are able to join guilds. When a player creates a guild, they only have 3 more slots for available players to take. The leader can buy purchasable slots from the guild shop. As for TMD, I'm not sure- maybe you guys can think of something? : P

Basic commands:
    ./g create <name>
    ./g list (shows the list of current members in your guild)
    ./g invite <player>
    ./g join <guildname> (once you receive an invite from a guild)
    ./g kick <name>
    ./g chat (you're able to communicate with your online guild friends cross servers. ex: player A is on TMD-1 while player B is on Mine Wars)
    ./g leader <name> (transfers ownership of the guild over to the player but needs to be Elite+)
    ./g deposit <amount>

Currency: Tokens would be used network-wide so they can upgrade their guild. There's multiple ways you could get tokens such as completing a game on Conquest (you would automatically get tokens after the game ended) and you would have a slight chance of getting more tokens from the kills you get in Conquest/Mine Wars. For Hell Night, if your team wins first or second place you and your teammates would receive tokens. As for TMD- I'm not sure to be honest but maybe one of you guys will have an idea?

Guild shop:
    The leader would be able to purchase things for the guild such as purchasing more slots for their guild. Players inside the guild could deposit their tokens into a bank in which the leader can use those tokens to buy more upgrades.

Anyways, just a thought and thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2016
    kylelattin likes this.
  2. The99thTroll

The99thTroll Member

*Cough* You *Cough* Copied *Cough* My *Cough* Idea *Cough* A *Cough* Few *Cough* Posts *Cough* Under *Cough*

3. Oh, could you link me to your thread? I haven't been on the forums in a while so I didn't take the time to read all the threads lol.

4. Kamomma

Kamomma Member

Jedi's and sith don't really have guilds tbh

5. Lul, alright- it could be implemented on conquest then.

6. Darkyz

Darkyz Member

Sounds like a really fun concept to add into conquest, and it sure would be challenging against other guilds.

7. CHRLE34

CHRLE34 Member

Why not add teams to Minewars?

8. Teams is used exclusively on TMD. I think if we add guilds to Mine Wars/Conquest it would make it more unique.

kylelattin likes this.
  9. _VC_

_VC_ Builder

I suppose this is a good thread to say this on since it's minewars related, but I'm almost done with a Scarrif conquest map based on Rogue One. So yeah if you're bored of the same old map, I've got a second one coming soon. And we have a lot more planned to

10. The7thCpt

The7thCpt Moderator

Interesting idea, I like most of it and Mine Wars definitely needs teams of some sort. However I'm not exactly sold on making Guild Creation an Elite+ perk, since creating teams on TMD doesn't require a donator rank (and I hope it never will). It would seem more fair allowing guilds to be created by any player. Can you explain your reasoning for this? Just curious.

Thanks,
    - 7th

11. Sure thing. I'll list my reasons as bullet points below-

• More people would donate thus causing more revenue which could be used to fund more projects in the future.
    • I've seen this on kitpvp servers where players would create a clan then leave and probably never come back in which that clan name would be taken. However, if they manage to make it to where the team leader is inactive after a certain period of time (let's say 10 days, that's reasonable) that they haven't logged in that team then becomes disbanded. Okay, let's say that the team leader is on vacation for more than 10 days and doesn't have access to a computer/laptop for whatever reason, the team leader has two options:
    - Make someone temporarily leader in the team until he/she gets back
    - Make his/her alt the team leader
    Now this is all depending if the guild plugin disbands the guild after a specific amount of time of the team leader being on.

Possible donor perk?
    • Donors get access to use /shout a number amount of times depending on their rank. Ex: Player A is VIP then he/she would be able to use /shout <whatever> once. The higher donor rank you have, the more number of times they could use it.

Also, it would be cool if the lobby was from an iconic scene in the one of the Star Wars movie. An idea for this could be the scene where Princess Leia (RIP Carrier Fisher) gave Luke, Han Solo and Chewbacca the medal.

Edit:
    Okay, cool! Is there an eta when this big update would happen?

Off-topic: A command such as /maprot or /maprotation would be nice once more maps get added so we can view a list of the next map.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2016
    kylelattin and The7thCpt like this.
  12. _VC_

_VC_ Builder

Possibly this weekend if not sometime next week. I'm guessing the maps will either rotate or have a voting system.

LeeEverett likes this.
  13. _VC_

_VC_ Builder

14. BenSmart112

BenSmart112 Member

Cool beans.

15. CHRLE34

CHRLE34 Member

Spoiler alert:
    Everyone dies

LeeEverett likes this.
  16. BenSmart112

BenSmart112 Member

Sounds like the end of Seasons 1 and 2 in the Telltale series.

17. MrMe5303

MrMe5303 Moderator

A few suggestions are that everyone can make a guild but donaters start off with a certain amount of Guild Money (Forget the name of Starwars currency) to help them right from the beginning. Also when you kick someone it send them a 1 minute warning then after 1 minute it will kick them, this is to stop people from recruiting then kicking them to kill them.

Special Deals
sale

Mining Dead Ultimate Crate Pack

Twitter
TeamSpeak

IP: ts.havocmc.net

Join Server
Discord