Map 3
Click to Copy IP
Join us at

play.havocmc.net

With
?
Players Online

Horizons Season 2 Info & Changelog

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by _Nickk, Jul 3, 2017.

1. _Nickk

_Nickk Owner

Season 2 will come with a reset of islands, money, inventories, ender chests, and the auction house

Horizons Season 2 will start Sunday, July 9th and will last for the remainder of the summer, and into the fall. There will be a lot of balances and bug fixes, along with some new features.

Expansions

First off, expansions are being changed. You can now buy expansions in any order you please, and there is a new expansion, Redstone Lair. The screenshot below is not the best, but it should give everyone an idea of what the new layout will be like. Ignore the glass, it is just us planning where each expansion lets people build.
    [​IMG]
    Balancing Changes
    We've done some balancing with the economy. All of the prices to buy items have been multiplied by 3. We've also removed red stone from the shop. In order to get red stone, you'll need to mine it either from islands or from cobble generators. Red stone will also be more common in crates, so voting can help you get it. Our goal with this is to limit the massive farms that lag the server and break the economy.

New Features
    As previously alluded to, cobble generators will now generate ores on occasion. We're also adding player shops, so you will be able to sell items easily. We also plan to add achievements, but those may not be ready at launch.

Depending on if we have time, we may add more features, but I don't want to promise anything and end up lying. If you guys have more ideas, post them in the comments.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2017
    NekoRen, iMoe, Kendra707 and 3 others like this.
  2. iHank

iHank Member

All progress will be lost, but it's worth it. The server will be more stable and have a more balanced economy. Hopefully the reset will be enjoyed and seen as a fresh start.

Kendra707 and MythicalWobbley like this.
  3. MrMe5303

MrMe5303 Member

Ello!
    I wish to make a basic guide to help people start off once the reset happens and I'm wondering if there is any changes to the selling prices in the shops.
    Also, is it extremely rare for ores to come out of cobble generators? Will any cobble generator work or only a specific one?

4. Al_Cool

Al_Cool Member

... @MrMe5303 ; the best at creating guides, I'm glad we have him!!

Also,I have a question : Despite the red-stone becoming harder to obtain, which other changes will make farms creating being harder to set up, and or would discourage players to sell items lower than the shop's buying price?

5. MrMe5303

MrMe5303 Member

Thanks, once it's done I'll post it under general havoc Horizans

Al_Cool likes this.
  6. Milkshakerr

Milkshakerr Member

Player shops and ore generating cobble generators, 2 features that has been requested multiple times and finally will be implemented :D. The balancing of the economy also seems like a great idea and gives everyone a fair start into the new season. I hope the upcoming season will attract more players, both new and old even though a reset is required!

SUGGESTIONS :
    - Access to /fly for some of the high ranks
    - More GUI's accessible via commands such as a shop GUI, warp GUI (shows all the server made warps) and others.
    - Erase cooldowns for buying crate keys in the VIP+ shop
    That's it for now, I'll edit the post if I get more ideas. Cheers!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  7. iMoe

iMoe Member

As excited as I am, I think that the upcoming changes to redstone favour multi-player islands, and inconvenience single-player islands. Having more members would allow you to gain more redstone via multiple people cobble farming at once, and more members allows you to get more redstone from voter crates, because of more votes.

Here's my list of suggestions that could greatly improve gameplay (after making this list, I've realized that not all of them are easy, however I think they could be accomplished in a week);

1. Remove the junk from crates, replace it with farming-oriented items.
    Voter crates have a chance of dropping 16 bricks, 22 cobble, 32 stonebrick, or 1 dirt. These drops are complete trash, especially considering they are in a voter crate! In the last however many months of playing HH, I've only voted once. The crates just don't offer anything useful, even at the "insane" level. If they were re-worked to include more farming-based items, for example, a stack of pistons at the "insane" level, then I would heavily consider voting, because items like these are going to be very valuable and in high demand in the coming update.

2. Fix the nether, or open it for exploring!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The nether is completely ruined currently, with holes literally covering the floor, creating unescapable traps. Half of the lava has been removed due to a failure to set a proper worldguard region (I think?), look in the spoiler to see what I mean. Any player can come in with a bucket, and scoop a bucket of lava. I would love to see the nether become a naturally-generated nether pvp zone, meaning a default nether that gets reset every few weeks. This would allow people to be able to get blaze spawners, as well as have a world where everyone could mess around blowing things up, without having to damage their own islands.

3. Minor annoyance(s)
    Now, these are really, super minor things, but they should be updated in the coming update.
    [​IMG]
    - (spoiler above related) Maybe change the word choice so that it says when the last reset was, instead of "we just had a reset ..."
    - Until achievements are added, remove the icon from the /is menu, or change it to say "not yet implemented". There are a lot of players who think that their achievements are broken when they first join, because it's not very clear.
    - 3 wheat sell for 90$. 1 bread, which takes 3 wheat to craft, sells for 75$. Makes no sense and makes wheat farming difficult to compact.

4. Improve slot payouts, change odds

Everyone knows those two slot machines left of spawn. But no one uses them more than 10 times, because quite frankly they're terrible. It would be so much better if the player could select the amount they wanted to bet, and I'm very confident that this could be done, considering that there were players who were able to make entire slot machines on their islands, which allowed you to bet whatever amount you wanted. However, given the time constraints, a solution could be to increase the payouts drastically and change the odds. Have you ever seen a slot machine where the jackpot was only 5 times the initial cost? I'd say a jackpot should be atleast 100k, but that's not for me to decide.

5. Rework of spawn, excluding pvp area
    Spawn feels like it was hastily put together. As a builder, there are a few things that just don't make sense. Why is there a giant statue of a stone warrior? What happened to the board that had a large image of all the islands? It's now just a big board of sea lanterns. The "General Info" section has a very strange layout to it, in that it's sunken into the ground, and the information is vague on some topics. Considering this is the first thing that a new player sees when they first join, it should be the nicest, more organized part of HH.

6. Millionaire island

This island should be renamed, "The island of disappointment". While it does possess a very well-built castle and a great cave system, it does not merit a price tag of 1 million. As an active player, whenever someone asked if they should buy it, myself and many other experienced players would say no. All the other islands have a pile of chests right at the start, which hold valuable items. Millionaire island is the only island that does not follow suit, and it should. I think that for the price, this island should have some hard-to-get items, such as spawners, lots of resources, stack of pistons or other farming blocks, and maybe an ender egg (If the ender egg was removed from the black market, and this was the only way you could get it, it wanuld be a expensive novelty item that people could collect).

7. Improved shop system
    The only flaw of the current shop system is that it takes ages to sell an inventory of items. I can say from experience, that trying to sell anything more than 5 double chests is a pain. To put this in perspective, it takes 288 clicks to sell a full inventory, while holding shift. at 8 clicks per second, thats 36 seconds of straight clicking. To sell 5 double chests, you need to click for a total of 3 minutes. That doesn't include the time it takes to travel back and forth between spawn. If you could sell by the stack, perhaps with the shortcut shift+right click, then this time would be much shorter, and everyone would be a lot happier.

8. Optimistic suggestions
    I think that the following would be fun additions to the server;
    Custom enchants
    More spawners, such as blaze, witch, wolf, etc.
    MCMMO - this would be quite interesting, because MCMMO has some abilities that can allow for manual farming to be better than automatic farming. Specifically herbalism, it can allow for plants to be auto-replanted when harvested, which can be very powerful on a large scale.

Sorry if there's any typo's or sentences that don't make sense. If you need clarification, ask me. It's very late and I'm very tired. :confused:

Thats all I got for now. Now, I don't want it to sound like i'm just ripping on HH. I think this is an incredible gamemode with a lot of future potential if its developed. This is just everything I've been thinking about in the past few months, since I started playing on the first day of season 1. Hopefully some of this is helpful, and hopefully some of it gets added!

Season 1 has been great, can't wait to see what season 2 has to bring :)

8. _Nickk

_Nickk Owner

Any generator will work, the ores will be fairly rare. Cocoa beans, melons, and pumpkins will all be nerfed
    Not sure how to implement /fly

1. Written down, will make crates better
    2. Didn't know that was broken, will probably just make it as we originally intended though.
    3. Noted
    4. We were planning on adding a higher volume slot machine, picking your bet could be a future idea.
    5. We're getting a new plugin for the board, so that will be fixed. As for the other stuff, I'd love if you could fix it. I'll msg you on Discord.
    6. Noted, we'll have to think of something that makes it worth the price tag
    7. Adding /sell all, /sell hand, etc and I think /shop removes the need to travel to spawn.
    8. Custom enchants could be a future system, same with McMMO, but probably not this season.

9. Bobiarian

Bobiarian Member

Today is the big day.... looking forward to it as I am sure most players are.

Still, its a pity to see all the farms go. And all the goodies like armour and weapons we have all made evaporated like they never existed. Out with the old and in with the new.

So is there any chance of any credit on the millions we made? I understand that kind of defeats the object of a reset, and Im not suggesting money or goods get transferred over to the new server. However It might be nice to get some sort of reward for those players who put the hard work into the last season of HH and made a few dollars. Perhaps a key for every few million/tens of millions. Yes it would mean the Neko's would get a decent payout, but why not? They put the work in, they should get something back.

I noticed ViperNecromatic used his position to get insider information on when the server was about to be reset, then went ballistic trying to sell his HH in game money, in exchange for real life money. Over, and over and over he flooded chat getting more and more desperate to make the sale. I find that a little under-handed, and not so fair on us " uneducated, mere-normal" players like he quite happily called us. (and YES... have the screen shots to back it up, if Viper cares to try and deny this) So, certain underhanded staff can sell 90+million for $60 USD while the rest of us honest players, who abide by the rules, without insider knowledge can kiss our hard earned money bye-bye.

As I said, personally I think perhaps some crate keys would be a good bonus for all of us players with money in the bank of HH.

Anyway, I've had my rant, here's to a new and exiting season on HH

Bob

CravenPython108 likes this.
  10. UnstablePing

UnstablePing Member

Is there absolutely any chance that the Horizon's block glitch that allows players to invade your private area be removed or patched in this update?

11. BlueEnderman12

BlueEnderman12 Member

I completely understand why you would need to reduce the supply of redstone to help with server lag and for players to enjoy there time playing, but I feel like there should at least be a few other ways to obtain redstone instead of either mining,crates, or generators. I realize that you may not be able to imply this suggestion in this upcoming reset but in the next update that Havoc has, I would be happy if you could consider making redstone just a little bit easier to obtain like maybe putting limits on how much you can buy each Day or Week. And one final suggestion would be to make redstone only purchasable in the Black Market for just a higher price than normal. I know this may however still be a problem with server lag due to the fact that many people have Ranks, but those that don't may have a harder time making giant auto-farms that lag the server. Thanks for your time and I hope you consider some of these suggestions! ;)

12. BlueEnderman12

BlueEnderman12 Member

And just a small reminder-
    I feel that /fly would cancel out part of the reason this game is enjoyable because its fun to play because you have to make it on your own and be as creative as you want and show your friends the things that you've made by yourself on normal survival, but if /fly was available, then it would be very easy for players to build normally hard projects and wouldn't feel as much success for what they built because it would technically be cheating and wouldn't make you feel as proud of yourself to build something that your imagination desires!
    Thank you for taking your time in reading this and I hope you consider this suggestion! ;)

Al_Cool likes this.
  13. Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Cat_Squirrel_Inc Member

This has nothing to do with the changelog, but why are all the previously pinned threads gone? There's only this one, now...

-Cat

14. Steelilayer

Steelilayer Member

Nickk,
    Will u make a Mythical kit ? or some benefits?
    Im just curious :p

Special Deals
sale

Limited Time Mining Dead Ultimate Crate Pack

Twitter
TeamSpeak

IP: ts.havocmc.net

Join Server