Map 3 - 2
Map 3 - 3
Izambane Islands
Map 2
Map 3
Join us at

miningdead.com

Faction Update

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by CastielCraw, Sep 3, 2019.

?

Are you gravel? - No, why?

1. Because I'm falling for you.

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Because you're stupid.

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. CastielCraw

CastielCraw Member

The Faction Update
    What is this all about?
    I'm basically suggesting a new system for teams supporting team spirit and gameplay. It will add new commands, one new item and a lot of fun to the game, should this be implemented. It will pave the way for more intense and clear fights between teams, while making it as uncomplicated as possible allowing newcomers to have a clean overview over the team system.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The staff is probably aware of the fact, that the current team system is a bit broken. For example, when one does /team info a list of players is being displayed in the chat showing a lot of users stringed together making it hard to differentiate the names due to the lack of commas. I'm not entirely sure if the command should also show what players are online, but if it's supposed to do so it doesn't do a very good job to be honest. To start this off I'm suggesting to rename the current team system to faction system, since this matches the atmosphere of an apocalyptic event and corresponds to the TWD universe in which the people are living in factions and not in really teams. You guys and ladies are probably already working on the bugs, so I'm just suggesting some new things.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There are a couple of new features like the faction banner or faction GUI, but I decided to explain them later in the thread in order to free the space for something else, which probably needs more precise explanation than the rest or are needed to understand the rest of the idea. With the faction GUI, which will be explained later, a new currency is being introduced:

Skulls

I know, that skulls already exists in the server, but since no one really is actually using them, I thought it would be easier to take something, that's already implemented.

Skulls are pretty much the VIP currency of the faction system making it possible for the users to buy certain items, which cannot be found naturally. This includes legendary weapons and Juggernaut armor pieces. When a member of the faction kills a player, one skull will be added to the faction skull counter. Permission to buy items with skulls is only be given to the Leader and Co. Leader of the faction preventing abuse.

Example:
    Juggernaut Boots = 250 Skulls

Faction Vault/Storage:

The faction storage is an additional vault, which all members of the faction have access to. It's basically a community storage in which items for the faction can be stored. The default vault lets the player have access to 2 rows of storage. The leader or co. leader of the faction although can always buy another row with the faction money.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Faction Bank

The faction bank functions as the collective money bank in which players can pay in money in order for the faction leader to buy perks or vault storage. Commands for paying in can be found in the command section in this thread.

Faction Level:

Every faction can be upgraded by paying a certain amount of money. There are 15 levels in general, all giving the faction more space for faction members.

Level 1: 10 Level 6: 16 Level 11: 21
    Level 2: 12 Level 7: 17 Level 12: 22
    Level 3: 13 Level 8: 18 Level 13: 23
    Level 4: 14 Level 9: 19 Level 14: 24
    Level 5: 15 Level 10: 20 Level 15: 25

I didn't worked out any prices yet.
    There will be only one new item and that's the faction banner. The faction banner allows a leader of a faction to set a home for every member. Players can now actually make their own safe havens by having a kind of checkpoint where they can always return to. The banner can be found in 4 different colours and cannot be bought from the server NPCs.

Item: Faction Banner
    Object Class: Rare
    Loot locations: Can be found in every lootbag

There are some pictures in the spoiler down below.
    The banner is located in the middle of the two standing player
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    All members of a fraction will receive an unmissable message, when the faction banner is being destroyed.
    Players who weren't online to that time wil receive the same notification as soon as they join the server, which is making sure, that every player got alerted at least once and, that every fraction member knows what happened.

[​IMG]
    This command will open a "scrollable" interface allowing the player to "browse" trough it. The interfaces allows the player to view faction level, faction K/D, bank, enemies, allies, members, skulls and faction name. In addition to that the player can access the faction vault by using this command and selecting the ender chest. I'm telling more to /faction info later.

/faction vault
    This is the short-cut command to the faction's community storage.

/faction home
    When typing this command, the user will be teleported to the faction banner allowing safe travel and increased gameplay. This command has a cooldown of 60-90 minutes and needs 15 seconds warm-up.
    [​IMG]

The Faction GUI:
    The faction gui can be accessed trough /faction info and subsists of multiple panels similar to /kit. It shows various informations like the faction bank or online players making it the probably most important tool in the system.

I made some pictures showing a possible faction gui in the spoilers below.

The name of the faction:
    [​IMG]
    The faction level:
    [​IMG]
    The number of members:
    [​IMG]
    The faction bank:
    [​IMG]
    The faction K/D R:
    [​IMG]
    The faction skulls:
    [​IMG]
    The faction vault:
    [​IMG]

Remember, when I said, that the faction GUI persists of multiple interfaces? The minecart down in the right corner functions as a "page turner" leading the player to a different interface showing other informations. I made some examples:

This interface tells the player who is online and who is not.
    [​IMG]

This intercace lists all relationships with other factions. The book shows all allies and the blood all enemies.

[​IMG]

Perks:
    Perks can be unlocked and upgraded in the faction GUI by both leader and co. leader. By unlocking them players gain certain perks like "10% chance to evade a bite" or "more car health". They can be bought with the faction money.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see in the picture to add 1% to the Blast Perk the faction will have to spend $5000 from the faction bank.

Why this should be implemented:
    You guys are probably already working on a new team system, so I'm actually suggesting to maybe include things I listed, which weren't thought of before. I think, that something like this can really help the server. When people join a team they stay there for like 1-2 days before joining another. There really is no feeling of solidarity in most of the teams. Only few really stick together 'till the end of times while most are just breaking apart. By introducing something similar like this the players have a goal, they can work to as a group, giving them a purpose. Surviving is of course also a goal, but it's just not enough. People actually like to build something long-lasting. That's why an upgrade to teams is the perfect possibility and chance one should take.

This post took me half a day including making the pictures and figuring out the commands. I hope you guys like it and support it.

I probably forgot to add some things to it, so I'll add them as soon as I remember them. If you got any more suggestion or feedback feel free to raise your voice. I also apologize for my bad english. This took me half a day and I'm quite tired.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    xEmilia and Chocolattae like this.
  2. CastielCraw

CastielCraw Member

The number of members:
    [​IMG]
    The faction bank:
    [​IMG]
    The faction K/D R:
    [​IMG]
    The faction skulls:
    [​IMG]
    The faction vault:
    [​IMG]

Remember, when I said, that the faction GUI persists of multiple interfaces? The minecart down in the right corner functions as a "page turner" leading the player to a different interface showing other informations. I made some examples:

This interface tells the player who is online and who is not.
    [​IMG]

This intercace lists all relationships with other factions. The book shows all allies and the blood all enemies.

[​IMG]

Perks:
    Perks can be unlocked and upgraded in the faction GUI by both leader and co. leader. By unlocking them players gain certain perks like "10% chance to evade a bite" or "more car health". They can be bought with the faction money.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see in the picture to add 1% to the Blast Perk the faction will have to spend $5000 from the faction bank.

Why this should be implemented:
    You guys are probably already working on a new team system, so I'm actually suggesting to maybe include things I listed, which weren't thought of before. I think, that something like this can really help the server. When people join a team they stay there for like 1-2 days before joining another. There really is no feeling of solidarity in most of the teams. Only few really stick together 'till the end of times while most are just breaking apart. By introducing something similar like this the players have a goal, they can work to as a group, giving them a purpose. Surviving is of course also a goal, but it's just not enough. People actually like to build something long-lasting. That's why an upgrade to teams is the perfect possibility and chance one should take. To code something like this will probably take a life-time, but hell, it'll be worth it.

This post took me half a day including making the pictures and figuring out the commands. I hope you guys like it and support it.

I probably forgot to add some things to it, so I'll add them as soon as I remember them. If you got any more suggestion or feedback feel free to raise your voice. I also apologize for my bad english. This took me half a day and I'm quite tired.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    Chocolattae likes this.
  3. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

I have seen this on other servers and I find it to be very interesting. I have not had much experience with gameplay but I am aware that is does spruce things up and makes things more in-depth and interesting for team gameplay--which I highly support.

4. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

I'm liking this, very nice! CastielCrew is certainly making a ruckus in terms of ideas! Excellent job, this is a good idea. I just want to make 1 little change..

Actually.. now my mind is going berserk with new ideas.. oh boy.. check out my ultime idea thread cuz new ones are a'comin

5. Chocolattae

Chocolattae Apprentice

Castiel. How do I even start?

I look forward to each and every one of your suggestions even if they start off with pick-up lines that sound like something from the first result on Google. They’re so, so well-made and you plan your ideas well in advance before you type your first word. You find the problems not only you experience, but problems that a great deal of the community experience as well and find a way to solve it. The insight you provide is irreplacable. That I can tell.

This post is everything I’ve wanted in teams, but couldn’t quite articulate. You’re pretty good at providing visuals. The GUI visuals you personally make to help people understand helps more than I can even express in words. I love how you tied this suggestion with what our developers are currently working on like teams to make it a whole lot easier for them. You provide commands and examples of what you think would be the most user-friendly which helps our developers a lot.

I’m cheering for you and I hope your suggestions become a reality! I might bring this up to our staff chat if JBentley or someone else doesn’t view the post within a few days.

FalseHorseFranz and CastielCraw like this.
  6. CastielCraw

CastielCraw Member

I really, really appreciate that. I joined 2 or 3 weeks ago and I fell in love with the server immediately. I wished, that I could have experienced the glory days of HavocMC as some call it like that. I just hope, that I can make my contribution to help this server gain the popularity and respect it deserves.

FalseHorseFranz and Chocolattae like this.
  7. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

I agree, I absolutely love these ideas. I mean these are just so in-depth and cool!

ThunderDragon3 likes this.
  8. RainTheBlueWolf

RainTheBlueWolf Member

I absolutely love this idea

FalseHorseFranz likes this.
  9. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

As do it.

10. FireRageHD

FireRageHD Member

I think this is a really cool idea, but instead of making it factions make it part of the team plugin that's already in the game. Also do you code your own plugins, because I want to know how you get all these screen shots.

11. CastielCraw

CastielCraw Member

I’m just making GUIs using mods and other various items which are already part of the game. Also I agree with you not creating a new plug-in, but just by using the old one adding some new stuff. I would still rename the team system into faction system tho since, in my opinion, it fits the apocalyptic atmosphere better.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  12. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

I like the way you think, it definitely adds to the idea of immersive and more in-depth gameplay experiences on Havoc's TMD line of servers.

13. FireRageHD

FireRageHD Member

Well the whole reason tmd exists is to create a somewhat realistic version of the walking dead, and something like factions would veer a path off from the current focus

14. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

Factions and groups... no one really calls them "teams" in TWD. Rick's group.. negans faction

Chocolattae likes this.
  15. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

I like the idea of different factions and groups fighting for power over each other like competition because it would add immersion and flavor.

16. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

Exactly. There are multiple examples of groups fighting for supremacy within TWD:
    Seasons 3-4: Prison vs Woodbury
    Season 5: Rick and crew vs Gareth's team
    Season 6: Wolves vs Alexandria
    Season 7-8: Saviors vs Hilltop, Kingdom and Alexandria
    Season 9: The communities vs Whisperers.

These groups would all fight for a base or establish a camp, the idea being to conquer the map and crush your enemies before they do the same.

17. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

Yeah but imagine players forming their own teams and attempting to get the hearts and minds of people on tmdpve or through military conquest on tmdpvp.

ThunderDragon3 likes this.
  18. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

Check out my recent idea thread. Complete TMD revamp

19. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

Sure thing!

20. FireRageHD

FireRageHD Member

Pve and pvp players don't mix xD. Usually pve players (role players) don't have aim so idk 'bout that military conquest part.

Special Deals
sale

Mining Dead Ultimate Crate Pack

Twitter
TeamSpeak

IP: ts.havocmc.net

Join Server
Discord