Map 3 - 2
Map 3 - 3
Izambane Islands
Map 2
Map 3
Join us at

miningdead.com

Easier Base Buying And Trading From Player To Player

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by farmerapple, Jun 29, 2020.

1. farmerapple

farmerapple Member

Hey everybody, I've never posted on the forum before, (because I've never encountered any problems with the server or gameplay), but I have a suggestion:
    Currently, (well from my personal experiences), bases take lots of time and effort, and require loads of input, and they definitely pay off all the hard work. But since the update, nearly half the bases are on 400-500k wall health, which certainly makes it difficult to start up a base. (Seeing as it takes around 9 stacks of rockets, and probably more), I think there should we better ways of getting your hands on a base. Now I'm not suggesting any new materials, or weaponry, but if there was a way of easier player to player base trading, (buying bases, and selling bases to different players), then it would be easier and less competitive.
    Now I know it's possible to un-claim and re-claim bases, but even after tier 3 or 4 walls it gets WAY to much money, and base exchanging at the moment really isn't scam-proof and requires a lot of trust since there isn't any way of officially way of doing it.
    However if there was some mechanism where players wouldn't have to go through loads of trouble to do an exchange (e.g. gaining trust of the player, saving up incredibly large amounts of money, (which then disappear into nothing when you've reclaimed it yourself)) then it would make bases a lot more accessible throughout the community.
    Now I can see the problem with my idea, (It's difficult to set up a way of trading for such large scale business), but maybe if both players agree beforehand, they could ask staff to make the exchange for them, so for instance if one player had 1.5 mil, and the the other wanted to sell them the base for that amount of money, then they could ask and admin to make the exchange, (take the money from the buyer, and give to the player who's selling, then change the base owner, re-do the stats and remove all other players from the base). It's the only good mechanism I can think of, but it's good because it's less limiting in terms of what you want to trade, and is the most secure and reliable, and there would be no dupe glitch opportunities, so it would keep the economy balanced
    I don't know if anybody else has encountered problems like this, but I'm sure that as base opportunities run out people will stop bothering with rockets and C4's seeing as they're a lot of an investment, so I think this idea would be necessary.
    I hope this is taken into account seriously because I'm currently in the middle of a base exchange deal that I spent 600k on, (and many duffles of metal), and although I can trust the seller really well, I'd just like to know I won't have to build up an insane amount of cash to then see it get removed from the economy and dissipate into nothingness.

I'm really happy to take criticism (constructive criticism only though), and I'd like to see this idea changed into a reality where it's used widely and see that it adds a new element of large scale trade and business to TMD. Please take this into account and reply if you can everybody

Runkelpokk likes this.
  2. Dsawemd

Dsawemd Member

Bases change ownership by raiding. Get good.

Making it so bases can Easily change ownership will make it harder for noobs to get a base. If you take out the high cost sink associated with changing ownership, bases will be hoarded and sold to friends, or for profit, even more than they are now. This won’t make it cheaper for noobs.

Save your rockets, and your C4, then go find yourself a nice little t3 to claim as your own.

IMO bases offer too much storage for too little risk. The answer is to Buff raiding, not make bases sellable.

3. farmerapple

farmerapple Member

Hi Dsawemd, I really respect your ideas, but I do have to disagree
    I've seen some of the threads you've posted and I've noticed you are very strong on the idea of buffing raiding, but it really won't work, and wouldn't be fair to introduce on the community and people who have sold everything they have to get a base.
    You can see the scale of investment people have made for bases by just looking on /ah. There you can see juggernaught that used to sell for at cheapest 25k, now going for 15k. Gspas's that used to go for at least over 150k, are now (at lowest) 40k. Golden katanas are now also widely used and sold. This is because of one thing: people have sold everything they have to get a base. The best items used to be juggernaught and legendaries, and the gspas used to the best you could get, but now it's bases. Now anybody can get jugg and legendaries for /ah for only 15k. Linking to my point, this means that bases are the only rare thing anymore, they are the only think that means something. That's the reason they're rare, because they are the last and only thing this server has that means something (I'm not having a go at the server by the way, but realistically the economy has gotten pretty messed with the prices 'rare' items sell for, and that's not staff's fault at all), by the idea you are suggesting would be completely unfair to who's juggernaught that used be, unfair to the people who have sold everything to make this investment.
    Let's choose me for instance, I have a 500,000 hp walled base, which I sold everything I had for, and earned it, not in a team, where everybody puts a bit of efort in, but I made the investment on my own, with nobody else's help, which cost me everything. I wouldn't want a team of riot who wave played for a few hours to come charging along with a few C4's, and ruining that investment while i'm offline, in no time whatsoever. Something else I've noticed on your threads is the suggestion you had about just 15 C4's being able to raid a 500k hp walled base. This would mean within a few minutes millions of dollars of investment would mean nothing, and would be worthless. The idea of raiding is meant to be a siege, not a skirmish. I've seen and been in raids that have lasted hours, where the attacker puts up fortifications of barricades, where the ground is plastered with barbed wire, and where the assault gradually wears away the walls. That's what raiding's meant to be, a long term siege, in which the attacker bombards the base over (at most) a few hours. These ideas would take the fun out of a raid, and make it too easy to get one of the most powerful and best things in the game.
    I'm sorry to have a go at you, because I've seen lots of amazing suggestions that you have, and maybe your idea would be better after a reset, when people don't have as much to loose
    So just to add on to my previous suggestions, when you mentioned about selling bases to friends, and especially hoarding, which as a matter of fact, I know how to stop. If each player can only own 2 bases, a simple suggestion, and only be a member of 3, this would solve the problem, just a simple cap on the limit, and all those who have more could be individually be refunded by the admins. I think this would solve the problem, and I don't see what the problem about selling to friends is? If you're the owner, you should have a right to what happens to even base.
    That was the only criticism of my idea you put forward, (correct me if there'e something I don't know) but I think the cap on bases is a good way of stopping the problem you suggested, and seeing as some people have more than 10 bases nowadays, it would be a good idea individually. Base trading is better than raiding, as instead everybody wins, the seller and the buyer, but with a raid, the previous owner is left with nothing. It's a better way of stabilising the economy. I think raids are good as they are at the moment (although base upkeep should definitely be raised), and I think I've cleared up the only problem you put forward, so I don't see why my idea should be shut down, and I think it deserves a chance.
    To me this would mean a lot, and sorry for the lengthy and wordy replies :)

ArmenTheHeli and xHobbes like this.
  4. farmerapple

farmerapple Member

By the way if more people could reply that could be great. I know this might not be relevant to you but as bases get harder to access (as they should be), you all might experience the same thing as me in the future :) I'd really like to know what other people think, and if it's a no, please give reasons :)

5. Dsawemd

Dsawemd Member

You and I have different opinions on the economy. Msg me in pvp1 and I’ll show you why.

Btw any server where you can win “infinite money” the economy is automatically busted.

My opinion can be summed up as “bases should be more costly/risky to own”.

6. farmerapple

farmerapple Member

Okay, now I don't know when I will be on TMDPVP1 next, and I respect your ideas, but what you're suggesting isn't fair to introduce at this stage. I myself have a base, and it's only me who runs it, inputs the upkeep, and pays to fill the storage, I don't have a full myth team to support me.
    Introducing buff raiding won't be okay for people like me, and all others who have given everything for a base.
    All your comebacks to this thread have been about keeping the economy under control, stop base hoarding, and make it more risky.
    First of all, making it more risky isn't an option that staff wouldn't be able to introduce this far into the update. But I really do agree to make it more costly, multiply the upkeep by 1.5, and I think that would make it better, so I agree with the 'costly', part of it.
    As well as that, you suggested multiple things like 'hoarding', and 'spoiling the economy'.
    I agree that these are bad, but honestly people will find ways around these rules, (multiple accounts), and inevitably, even if you stopped people hoarding bases, there would still only be a minority controlling them. Plus, as you've seen by the hyperinflation of juggernaut and legendaries on the /ah, the economy's broken already, plus: I don't really see where that comes into the argument. The only thing that has much to do with the economy is the dissipation of ridiculous amounts of money, which can have many issues.

Also, out of all suggestions people have had on the forums, mine is one of the most simple. Just how how promote a base member, there should be, (a very secure) way of making a transfer. Scamming is a problem that can be sorted though. Seeing as bases are so precious the scamming of them should be a bannable offence.

I know the staff are really busy, and there aren't enough people applying for builders and mods, but as I said, it's the most simple suggestion on this whole forum, (no building, seeing by the amount of people opposing this idea, not much community doubt, and for mods, little input.

I think I've cleared out all the problems with the idea

As I said, the mod and building teams are very busy at the moment, and if necessary, (and given the code for bases) I would be more than happy to figure out a way of doing this myself, seeing as this personally affects me a lot.

You're ideas are good Dsawemd, but so far into the update they realistically couldn't be introduced, but I respect you highly.
    I'll try and come onto TMDPVP1 the next time I have a chance, and maybe we can clear the 'economy' argument up. :)

xHobbes likes this.
  7. farmerapple

farmerapple Member

Plus I was asked to become a builder soon, which is a dream of mine, but I'd prefer to start once I know all those who non-ranked players who depend on my bases are safe, and that I can leave my little empire of 2 bases protected. Okay I know that supports your argument of bases being nearly impossible to raid, but I've spent loads of time recruiting and hiring juggernauts to protect it, and I've spent everything, so I have a right to claim the nearly impossible. :)

8. Runkelpokk

Runkelpokk Member

inf money does not work on tmdpvp/pve its just a tmdop thing

farmerapple likes this.
  9. farmerapple

farmerapple Member

Yeah Dsawemd
    Infinite money is only on TMDOP
    That's just for jugs to mess around

10. farmerapple

farmerapple Member

If anything large scale base exchanges would help the economy, and gradually stop the hyperinflation of juggernaut, as they are less easy to get hold of
    Gradually people will sell for cheaper and cheaper and the economy will be stabilised again

Plus if you think rockets are too expensive
    The introduction of exchange will mean people wont want to hoard them, as there are better alternatives of getting bases, so rockets will be cheaper and easier to access

11. farmerapple

farmerapple Member

Plus as a mythical I recommend you collect the pyromaniac kit, over time your rockets build up :)

12. Dsawemd

Dsawemd Member

Bases aren’t safe. You can’t leave them alone and expect your storage to be safe, even with the current dearth of rpg/C4 it’s possible to lose that stuff.

Vaults are the safe storage, not bases.

To thread’s original point: If you make a limited quantity resource (bases) more liquid (easier to change ownership), equity (fair distribution of bases amongst player base) decreases.

13. farmerapple

farmerapple Member

About the storage
    What I basically do is upkeep the base while stompyblue recruits beginners
    We unfortunately do have people in our base who we dont trust 100%
    I'm willing to fill the storage with everything my citizens need at risk of unnecessary taking by the few

The storage isn't a problem
    The loss we get doesn't override the benefits

But about the 'original point's, making bases change ownership gives people a chance to be a buyer, as well as also the opportunity to get their hands on a base in the position they want

About it being fair
    I've never really said this, (and spending so much on helping beginners), sometimes it's not meant to be fair.
    You think it's fair for a team of militaries to take over a base somebody's worked so hard for, only to log off days after
    That's not fair?
    Yes it would be
    I know you didn't mention your buff raising point in the last reply you made, but the base update went one way:
    Bases are hard to get, and require already lots of investment
    Now there are ways of changing this, but you cant turn back on that update.
    Now that's happened, there are limited things we can do
    It was made so it was fair, those who work hardest reap the rewards, (in my case all the rewards go to the beginners I try to help), but that's the only way the update is fair. You couldn't make it fairer

There are limited things the stagg could add in o make the base update better, and considering they turned one way, and you cant turn back now, this idea is one of those that is realistically the best, and would make the most sense

14. farmerapple

farmerapple Member

15. Dsawemd

Dsawemd Member

You want to make bases more accessible. However, making it easier to profit off of bases will make it harder for newer players to get a base. If bases become a trade-able commodity, they will be monopolized by people who can afford to buy multiple bases.

Also, I think it’s very fair for a base on a pvp server to get raided! It’s currently much more difficult to raid a base than it is to build a base. See example below:

It would take a single person 3.5 hours of perfect rocketing to destroy a wallT5 base, not to mention the high cost in c4/rockets that comes with raiding.

(500,000 base hp / 398 hp per rocket x ten seconds rpg reload time)

xHobbes likes this.
  16. farmerapple

farmerapple Member

You says it's easy
    You have complete access to the myth community, you know so many people
    It's easy when you have a team
    I don't

But I agree that there are too many people with multiple bases
    But if you have multiple bases you should have the option to sell them. Once you have a base should you be expected to just keep it until it gets raided?

Imma about to become a builder soon so I wont play on PVP1 anymore. I need to sell my bases.

Ok or maybe if you deliberately unclaim a base, the re-claim money goes to you

This would allow access to people who dont want a base anymore

So what about that?
    You wouldn't decide on the money, so you couldn't make profit, but you'd get the base worth
    It would make sense

It would be like a base /ah
    Boobs could get it, if they were the first do the spot, and had the reclaim money, and there would be no week long negotiations
    Its be simple

17. farmerapple

farmerapple Member

18. Dsawemd

Dsawemd Member

Most myths are simps, I don’t play with or know them. Posse has myself(legend) and one champion rank I think, rest are all unranked. And my team is huge. And my team is not helpful. When myself or a teammate dumps loot in storage, 100% it’s picked clean next time I login. But that’s allowed according to our rules.

You sunk money into bases, but that doesn’t entitle you to a refund.

IMO, Don’t try to rent them out. Appoint one teammate you trust to manage each base, and make them moderator. Upkeep is laughably low, they’ll be able to do it easily.

19. farmerapple

farmerapple Member

Ok I guess you're right, I see your point now and highly respect you

I did put cash into bases
    But that was a mistake

I've just realised bases are too much responsibility for me
    I mean I just got scammed for 600k, and having an empire gives me too much to loose
    I genuinely mean it

This isn't a thread thatll be coming up again :)

20. mindblaster007

mindblaster007 Member

Not really, I spent around maybe an hour or two to get a base, Tier 2 gunsmith, armory, and farm, and Tier 4 walls. You just need to learn the most efficient ways to get resources.
    There are tons of unclaimed bases around the map. There are a ton that aren't marked on the Online Map.
    Bases were added so there was a new competitive aspect surrounding teams.
    There's no official way to do it because if it was it would totally demolish the economy. Bases are purposely cash sinks.
    If base opportunities do run out, people will work even harder to gather as much C4 and Rockets as possible just to raid a base and claim it. If the price is too high come back in a day or two and the base will be gone. If a base is unclaimed for 'x' amount of time it will revert to a default base claim area. C4 and rockets are pretty common, you just have to find the most efficient ways to get stuff. These are all things that take time and effort to discover. For example, gas cans only come out of engineering bags; so you should go to a high Loot Tier area that has a lot of engineering bags.
    Nobody I've meet has sold a single thing to get and maintain a base. Again, all you have to do is loot at the right places and kill bandits and walkers.
    Auction House is a complete and utter joke. You could see a Gatling Gun at 5k and the next day for 50k, and then the next for 1k. It's all about supply and demand, not about the need to sell. Also, it's worth mentioning that the Auction House is used to store items if peoples vaults are full.
    That's incorrect, people are selling things for cheaper based on a competitive market. Since we have Jugg armor and golden weapons coming from bases' armories and gunsmiths, more people are selling these items. When you sell something on the Auction House people put a lower price to help ensure your items get sold. So if someone is selling an item for 50k, the next person would sell it for a little less, and so on until it hits 15k.
    Again, that's because more are coming into circulation from bases.
    First of all, bases were added to promote a new competitive system for teams. There was never a need for teams before except huge fights, now teams have a use/challenge, to developed and benefit from bases and be a strong force, just like factions. Also, you would need 500 pieces of C4 to blow up a wall with 500,000 HP, I'm not even sure, if you have an inventory of duffels, if you could fit that many in yourinventory.
    Currently, there are bases unclaimed and they do cost a hefty amount when you get to the higher tiers so you don't have someone owning 10 bases. Also, people are would work around it by changing which team member owns the base. There is also a cap on how many members a base can have, 11 members if I recall correctly.
    This server has always had the "Kill, or be killed" aspect. Bases just make this aspect stronger and on a bigger level.
    This completely destroys the economy, bases were created to essentially erase cash, cash sinks. This will, in the long run, stabilize the economy as well as nerf the p2w aspects, giving new players an opportunity to get Jugg and Legendary items.
    I must admit that there it does need a big buff. Currently it's not worth the time or resources to attack a base with Tier 5 walls. They need to make it where it's possible, but not impossible. This will take some time to find the right balance.
    You can't win "Infinite Money" on TMDPVP and TMDPVE, it goes to TMDOP. Also, this server isn't really p2w, there are countless ways to kit a rank. For example, voting, for shop vouchers, and opening Legendary Crates, for the Mythical Rank.
    Two of the biggest teams on TMDPVP-2 are comprised of mainly non-ranked players.
    Simple, not at all. You want to add lots of manual work for the staff team to oversee base trading etc. Also, simple doesn't always mean its a good idea.
    Actually a lot of people do, from what I've heard, the positions just have high requirements, which a lot of people who apply don't meet.
    Jugg needs to be more common, bases were made so new players can have a chance to get Jugg and Gold Weapons.

Special Deals
sale

Mining Dead Ultimate Crate Pack

Twitter
Discord