Map 3
Click to Copy IP
Join us at

play.havocmc.net

With
?
Players Online

Unofficial Mine Wars Combat Guide [Still Somewhat WIP]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BadAim_DotCom, Jan 10, 2017.

1. BadAim_DotCom

BadAim_DotCom Member

In mine wars combat is everything. After you hit level 4 expect no mercy and death to follow. In Mine Wars every combat scenario is different, as there are many variables to account for. This guide aims to help a new lvl.4 player to a lvl 30 player in the most common situations to occur.

This is very foolish of the player to do, to rid of the player, simply get a high level to 1shot him or amass an army to overpower him. Use falling back to base as an advantage.

This is much more likely to happen as opposed to a player attacking the opposing sides base on foot. The best way for lower lvls is to shoot the speeder with a flamethrower or some automatic weapon.
    With the speeder gone, its a whole new threat.
    If a richer, higher lvl player is on, he/she may engage the other speeder forcing the enemy to either fall back and run away(as you are always at a disadvantage at the opposing sides base) or attempt to engage the speeder, and unless you have some really annoying opponent(me) you should succeed in killing him.

Combat with closely matched opponents will rely very much on skill. Make sure to remember your block, and if he is equipped with an rpg or flamethrower, you will need to rely on dodging as opposed to blocking. At this level winning a fight relies purely on skill, experience, and tactics. No specific tactic will work against all players. As always, snipers are the most reliable weapon in this situation.

Simply put, if your opponent is new to the game(lvl4-6), does not excel in pvp and is lower level, or simply is unprepared, anything from a few quick snipes with a sniper, a few rpg shots, or straight up lightsabering the enemy will work. But be wary, if your not careful, a low level, very skilled pvp'r can still manage to kill you with ease.

If a player is incredibly better at pvp or much higher in level, it is a very hard fight to win. In order for a lvl 4 to beat a lvl 15, cunning and sometimes dirty tactics will be needed to win. Stealth, ambushes, and attacking while your enemy is vulnerable(typing, afk, etc.) will win you a fight. From my personal experience, a sniper shot from behind will put the odds on your side, as he/she must locate you, possibly reload their weapon, and attack. This gives you time to make your second shot or get up close to finish them off.

Fighting off multiple enemies can prove to be very difficult. It boils down to the lvl gap, as if one of the players are skilled at pvp, you will have to use the time to kill to your best ability. RPG's and flamethrowers are very useful in this situation as you can damage all players at one if you can group them up. A good strategy here is by running away, picking them off one by one with a sniper, and eventually winning the fight.

Everyone hates them, everyone wants to use them. Attacking(or more commonly being attacked by) a speeder is difficult to deal with on foot. Depending on how skillful the driver is determines the situation. The best weapons to use here are the rpg, flamethrower, and a sniper. The sniper will be situational but if your skillful you can line up a perfect shot and get reported for hacking, I mean, kill your enemy. An alternative is firing an automatic weapon from a distance. Make sure to aim for the player, as it will grant you the best chance of either hitting he/she or breaking the speeder. If the speeder falls back to repair keep engaging and keep firing, even if the enemy goes out of sight.

Many strategies are useful in combat. The speeder+rpg combo is overpowered as there is no easy counter. Sniper+block is also very formidable. Countering the sniper block combo is easily beaten by jumping and rpging/flamethrowering(in an ambush or coming out of a block).
    For countering people who use block often, using a low damage, fast firing weapon will run down their stamina, making their block ineffective. However if you are not strafing, it will result in a quick death on your part

More strategies needed, most welcome.

'
    Speeder vs speeder combat is very.. interesting. But as most players do not know the secret to 100% accurate sniper firing on a speeder, it is pretty simple. Use an rpg or automatic weapon to kill your enemy, but be careful, you do not want to break the speeder. Alternatively you can snipe the other speeder and hope to get lucky/learn to get perfect accuracy shots 100% of the time.

If you have anything to add reply with it, i will confirm it's helpful and add it(with a mention).

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Culpeo_Fox likes this.
  2. Kanyay

Kanyay Member

Lots of tests

3. BadAim_DotCom

BadAim_DotCom Member

Lol yeah im deleting them as i go

4. Kanyay

Kanyay Member

Using the DC-15a or the MicroBlaster is also great against people that constantly block, you just strafe and shoot. This is useful because, first of all, it uses up a lot of the enemy energy so they can't escape easily and its a lot cheaper then the Rpg and Flamethrower strat.

5. BadAim_DotCom

BadAim_DotCom Member

True but i dont prefer it as currently strafing isnt always fast enough and somewhat unreliable. Ill add it

6. SamuelV

SamuelV Member

Love your guide dude. Two small things. You can deflect an Rpg shot, very fun to do. I think you will still get damaged but if it hits your lightsaber, itll bounce the shot back. Really good for fighting off Speeder Rpg's.

Also, might want to note that using a fast shooting gun against block should only work if you move to the side when doing it, or else its almost an instant death on your part ahaha.

7. BadAim_DotCom

BadAim_DotCom Member

I decided not to include the deflect for dog shots, you still take damage so I decided what's the point. I'll add on your other point

Special Deals
sale

Limited Time Havoc Horizons Starter Packs

Twitter
TeamSpeak

IP: ts.havocmc.net

Join Server