Map 3 - 2
Map 3 - 3
Izambane Islands
Map 2
Map 3
Join us at

miningdead.com

TMD ideas (again)

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by ThunderDragon3, Jul 18, 2019.

1. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

I have more ideas. This is like, my 7th idea thread. I'll get this boring stuff out of the way first.

Interrupting a roleplay - we've probably all had that roleplay where a couple players spam explosives, absolutely ear raping us and ruining the roleplay. This should be punishable by:
    1st offense (warning)
    2nd offense (warning and day ban)
    3rd offense (week ban)
    4th offense and further (month ban, increase increment of one month per offense)

Add weather, rain in spring/summer and fall packs. Rain is skinned as snow in winter pack.

Now, down to business.

Deer - reskin pigs as deer, put them in forests for players to hunt for food. That was a main reason the group survives in TWD long as they did up until Alexandria. (Make them hard to find, pretty rare)

Rabbits
    - just put in rabbits. Maybe change their texture to a little more realistic, more fur tone. They should be a huntable mob. (Hard to find, only in some places)

Coal
    - pretty sure this was removed, we ought to add it in again so we can cook the animals we find and hunt.

Fires
    - put a fire in the camps and where others are, such as Hershels farm, Quarry Camp, Martinez Camp, etc

Ridable horses
    - I know everyone loves FALSE horse and stuff, but it ought to be at the point where we can ride horses. They ought to be very rare, more rare than other animals.

Ability to build structures
    - no structures too large, but some small base camps. Materials include:
    Wool (multi colored)
    Fence (supports for tents)
    Netherrack (to build fires)
    Barricades (walls, etc)
    Barbed wire (top of walls, etc)
    Flint and steel (light fires)
    Change flint and steel to something else if it is already in use as a skinned item. Skin it a little differently, like a real life Flint and steel.
    If any explicit structures are made, they should be removed right away. This should be a punishable offense. Griefing a camp or structure without specific roleplay (or PvP) should be punishable.

Weapon changes
    - I remembered Chlnge is the new CM, and his post about potential weapons nerfs. Instead of having a Tier system, why not give every gun an aspect of why you should and shouldn't use it. For example:
    Instead of the M4 being the lowest assault weapon, it could have a slower rate of fire but higher damage, such as an M14. (Assault rifles.should be nerfed, make them fire slower than SMGs).
    The AWM may not be the best sniper to use anymore. It is a bolt action, making it slower to fire.
    A desert Eagle ought to be accurate if you are not moving, but very inaccurate with movement. A deagle has a large powder charge and bullet inside of it.
    Ak-47s should fire very quickly but be very inaccurate if you hold down the trigger.

Dangerous nights
    - notice how the group almost never travels at night before much later on? It was too dangerous to move during the night. They needed to keep quiet. If you moved during the night, you will be lucky to not die. Reload a clip or fire a gun, you're dead. No chance, they'll be all over you in seconds.

Ammunition changes possible:

Instead of certain clips specific to the type of gun, why not actual ammunition, such as:
    9mm - M9, Glock 17, CZ P09, MP5, Vector
    .45 - UMP45, UZI
    .357 - Colt Python, Desert Eagle
    5.56 - Winchester, FN Scar, M4, M16A4, M14, Steyr AUG, P90
    7.62 - AK-47, Groza, Dragunov, AWM, M60
    .50 BMG - Barrett .50 caliber
    12 gauge - double barrel, Remington 870, Mossberg 500, SPAS 12, KSG

You would find the bullets in cases or individually. Say you find a small pouch. You find 7 pieces of ammo. You have a Vector, limited ammunition. This way, guns will be extremely hard to use, if you could even find them. We ought to also make weapons, guns and ammo hard to find. Maybe knives and hatchets will become the most common weapons instead of machetes and guns.

A couple weapons and equipment ought to be added too, such as -
    Compound Bow (weapon that Yumiko uses in the comics)
    Incendiary Grenade - this grenade lights the ground on fire and will burn your enemies.
    Tear gas - applies Wither effect within 30 block radius, it will last for 20 seconds. If you stay within the cloud, it remains endlessly.
    Gas mask - An item or that renders you immune to the tear gas.
    Silencer - muffles the sound of a gunshot, reduces the area it can be heard by 50%

A few changes to items:
    Guns - recoil and attracting walkers. Depending on the caliber, it would have a larger/smaller sound radius and kick back.
    Grenades - break glass and create a dent within the area. Grenade blasts reset in 36 hours or so. The area will fix itself
    RPG blast - would create a hole or blast area of 10 blocks. Would be lit on fire in some places. Resets in 36 hours.
    Sound radius:
    9mm - 80 block radius
    .45 - 100 block radius
    .357 - 120 block radius
    12 gauge - 140 block radius
    5.56 - 160 block radius
    7.62 - 180 block radius
    Grenade/RPG blast - 200 block radius
    .50 BMG - 240 block radius
    The sound would gradually fade as the distance increased.
    Kickback varies, just a little nudge or half a block back. 9mm is a tiny nudge and BMG is half.

Sorry for super long post, my mind was on overdrive today.
    So long! (Side note, really excited for season 10! Maggie may come back for anyone interested)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    FalseHorseFranz and Chocolattae like this.
  2. Chocolattae

Chocolattae Moderator

I'd like to add for the roleplay aspect that it should be allowed to create groups for roleplays and kick people if needed without waiting for a staff member!

Other than that, I appreciate your idea threads and they definitely add more to the survival aspect of the game since, after all, all we can do is loot and kill walkers. If your ideas get implemented, the server would definitely get a glow up and resemble The Walking Dead even more than it does now.

ThunderDragon3 likes this.
  3. Snek87

Snek87 Moderator

If I may add one to firearms, I would like to suggest a laser sight attachment to guns, it can be used to increase accuracy when hip-firing.

4. GamerLizzy

GamerLizzy Apprentice

I like these ideas except maybe having actual building blocks like wools and fences maybe they can add in those plugins like camping with tents and fires, ect and they would last like an hour then disappear. Unless you picked it back up. Because people with more blocks other then barricades could cause some problems if you know what I mean.

5. JT900

JT900 Member

Why should animals be so rare?
    I'm not saying they should be abundant, but there shouldn't be an incredibly small population.

6. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

I mean like hunting. You're going to need to search, and the walkers eat deer and stuff. So they should be somewhat hard to find
    *goes into woods*
    *finds deer in a minute*
    FOOD
    Yeah, that's not what we want. It took a while just to find some rabbits. We should add boats and fishing.

Chocolattae likes this.
  7. GamerLizzy

GamerLizzy Apprentice

O: boats and fishing honestly would be pretty cool ngl.

8. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

Episode 4 (I think) season 1. Andrea and Amy in the boat on the quarry

9. GamerLizzy

GamerLizzy Apprentice

Oh yes! Bringing me back to the simpler days of twd. When Andrea and Amy were just talking about there father teaching them how to fish. The good old days before Negan, and the Saviors...

10. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

Yeah. Seasons 7 and 8 where really good though, but the first 3 or 4 seasons where relatively calm. Until the governor showed up, that is.
    *sniff* I miss hershel.

11. GamerLizzy

GamerLizzy Apprentice

(⌣̩̩́_⌣̩̩̀)

12. JBentley694

JBentley694 Builder

I will try and finish the new vehicles today but I should be able to make a canoe model we can use fore boats.

ThunderDragon3 and GamerLizzy like this.
  13. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

YES.
    When will they be released?

14. JBentley694

JBentley694 Builder

I started the mock up model already but I will finish the humvee first then jump back on the canoe and we will see if we can add it by next update.

15. Jxmp

Jxmp Member

Dis go hard J +1 dat hoe

16. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

*GASP*

And also, thanks for the information Bentley, you never leave is disappointed!

17. Kanzelin_Linuk

Kanzelin_Linuk Member

I like this idea and completely agree, but I think there should be segregated servers for rpers and non-rpers, that way people don't have to listen to rpers and rpers can just hang out and do their own thing. Everyone is happy, to be fair in 2016, this was not a problem but at this point, there should be some form of separation.

18. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

I like this idea, but Cat will be here soon with her same old "splitting the playerbase" rap ;)

FalseHorseFranz likes this.
  19. Kanzelin_Linuk

Kanzelin_Linuk Member

Fair point but let's be honest, it would better the community because people would have the ability to do what they wanted on their own server. RPs for the RPs, Gameplay for the regulars, and immersion for both so we can have a more entertaining as well as challenging gaming experience.

Special Deals
sale

Mining Dead Ultimate Crate Pack

Twitter
Discord