Map 3 - 2
Map 3 - 3
Izambane Islands
Map 2
Map 3
Join us at

miningdead.com

TMD: Garages

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Dsawemd, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Dsawemd

Dsawemd Member

There are many items in game that would be used to craft a car. It would be cool if you could craft vehicles.

example recipes:
    Car: 4 tires, engine, gas can, battery, key, 10 stacks of metal, 5 stacks of cloth
    Bike: 2 tires, engine, gas can, battery, key, 5 stacks of metal, 1 stack of cloth

The Garage could be a base addition, working like armory/gunsmith.
    OR
    I would like to see Garages work as spots in the wild, where you can bring your materials, and a processing bar starts, you must remain in the Garage for 2-5 minutes while your car is built. They could be close to non-sz Warp points, such as Hershel's Farm and Hilltop.

Thoughts?

farmerapple and ThunderDragon3 like this.
  2. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

Yes. For a long time engines, tires and batteries served no purpose. But with a garage and the new base system, this would work perfectly. This is probably the best idea I've heard in a pretty good time.

3. mindblaster007

mindblaster007 Member

I’d like to finally see helicopters to be implemented with this update... we have the texture for it and I don’t know why it hasn’t been implemented yet.

ThunderDragon3 likes this.
  4. Runkelpokk

Runkelpokk Member

I would love to see that as upgrade for bases and helis yea would be cool too

5. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

Picture this: a base siege. Your team is low on food, ammo and armor. A chopper flies in behind cover for resupply. You win the battle all thanks to a helicopter getting there in the nick of time.

Helicopters would be a fantastic addition to havocmc: a new form or travel, a patrol vehicle for surveillance above the enemies, etc. We've also got parachutes, why not make those common with a helicopter?

6. farmerapple

farmerapple Member

Parachutes are too glitchy
    They would allow so many more teleportation glitches and I'm not sure they're fixed yet

Plus I think helicopters are coming in soon
    There is a helicopter schematic in the texture pack

7. mindblaster007

mindblaster007 Member

Parachutes aren't really glitchy unless there is extreme lag and someone came out and said the chances of helicopters being added are very slim. The texture had been in the since, I wanna say, V3 of the texture pack. It's more of a meme/joke. However, I honestly would like to see a form of aerial transport in the near future.

8. farmerapple

farmerapple Member

mindblaster007 which TMD server do you play on?
    Also I really agree with you some form of aerial transport would be cool :)

9. Dsawemd

Dsawemd Member

Flying kills world pvp, -1 for Helis

Map is already tiny and full of fast travel warps, tpas, and vehicles. All flight does is allow wealthy players to pick and choose their pvp battles, even more so than bikes do now. And at least with bikes, you have to navigate the map as intended, using the gates doors and paths which the builders made for us to use.

This thread is about locations in the wild possibly spawning cars, or otherwise offering a path to cars outside of looting them in higher tiers.
    If you want to make a suggestion about flying, make a new thread, please.

xHobbes likes this.
  10. farmerapple

farmerapple Member

If anything
    Cars should be rarer
    This idea would be good if there was no other way of accessing cars

It would make them too common if this was introduced and you could find them in loot bags

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  11. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

Yes. If this server is supposed to mirror the show in the slightest cars ought to be hard to find, let alone should they work. Gas and cars were a huge thing for the first seasons, and they became important again Seasons 3-4 and 7-8.

I would personally like to see cars require gas to run. We have fuel cans, all we need is a feature that doesnt let cars run if they dont have gas.

12. Dsawemd

Dsawemd Member

That’s retarded and unfun. RPGs aren’t exactly common on the show either, should we make them much harder to find?

13. mindblaster007

mindblaster007 Member

They are hard to find... it’s the rockets that are too easy to find. Also, cars and motorcycles are the true reasons why kit hunter is too OP. Juggs sit in those things and track noobs down and the noobs can’t escape. This would finally nerf the kit to a point. I don’t know where you come up with silly comments like that... plus I’ve never seen you in-game and I average 4-10 hours a day :/

ThunderDragon3 and farmerapple like this.
  14. farmerapple

farmerapple Member

I agree that cars should he harder to find

15. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

A lot of things should be rarer, but we can't do anything about it unless we forced a hard reset on the playerbase from money to vaults to inventories. Havoc has suffered several TMD resets as of when the T5 guns were introduced, and one hasn't happened yet since the T5s were removed. We could make things rarer, but not without upsetting the economy or resetting vaults, money and inventories. Had this been implemented during one of those resets, we wouldn't have to make this decision.

16. DerKaempfer_HD

DerKaempfer_HD Member

Hmm well a nice idea, but that would require to take the car item out of lootbags entirely to work, otherwise that would be too time consuming to get and overall not worth it. And if that happened a lot of pvp players would dislike that cuz most do not want to grind for a simple item.

17. Dsawemd

Dsawemd Member

Hahahahah ok sure.

These forums are useless, no one uses them for actual change. Try discord if you want your ideas read.

18. mindblaster007

mindblaster007 Member

Everyone who wants him to be respectful, kind, and on topic, say “I”!

Special Deals
sale

Mining Dead Ultimate Crate Pack

Twitter
Discord