Map 3 - 1
Map 3 - 2
Map 3 - 3
Izambane Islands
Map 2
Map 3
Join us at

miningdead.com

The ultimate idea thread (developers read this and perhaps consider it for once please)

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by ThunderDragon3, Sep 2, 2019.

1. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

After reading the new idea thread by Tawdster, I have realized that there are so many great ideas inspired by this show, and we ought to add some. So here we go... table of contents... cool... this title is way too long, dont you think...?

1. How to make this possible
    2. Weapons
    3. Equipment
    4. Functionality

1. How will we make all these ideas possible that I have below? Upgrade to 1.9. Simple as that. New blocks and items to change to weapons and tools. Functions for more realistic touch.

2. Weapons

----

A. Intervention
    An American sniper, the intervention is a pretty neat gun. Nice design, looks great. I'm not suggesting changing out any weapons, either. This leads me to...

B. Tier 6 (another one)
    More guns! Who doesn't love more guns! (Any people familiar with American politics will get it)
    Tier 6 weapons will include be included in the idea below. Because this is where things get a little confusing.

C. REVAMPED WEAPON TIERS!
    I said Tier 4 and 5 snipers ought to be reversed. I mean seriously, which is more dangerous, a .338 sniper (pretty thought but uh.. -->) or a .50? They will rip off a limb if shot in the right spot. So... okay, this is kind of ridiculous. (New weapons in blue, changed weapons in red)
    In order of (pistol, SMG, shotgun, rifle, sniper)
    Tier 1
    M9, MP5, Dual barrel, M164A Dragunov
    Tier 2
    Glock 17, UZI, Remington 870, M4, M14
    Tier 3
    HK 45, UMP45, Mossberg 500, Scar-L, Winchester
    Tier 4
    CZ P09, Vector, SPAS 12, AK 47, AWM
    Tier 5
    Colt Python, P90, KSG, Groza, Barrett .50
    Tier 6
    Desert Eagle, SIG MPX, M2 tactical, Scar - H, Intervention

Okay, got that done. There may be a few debates about this so I'll explain a few things.
    I switched around the P90 and Vector on their current respective damage outputs. The P90 does 6 damage. Vector does 5. Vector is chambered in sometimes 9mm, P90 in 5.56 I think..
    The Barrett might trump all, sometimes. But the Intervention can be chambered in either .375 or .408, and the .408 has better distance, only lesser than the Barrett in terms of stopping power.
    The Eagle, come on. It's a fricking hand cannon. Done over by a 9mm CZ?

Scar H and L are mostly the same gun. The L is lighter version of the scar, chambered in 5.56. The H is 7.62, like an AK. I'm pretty sure Carl also held a Scar - H... either season 7 or 8. Probably 8.

D. Ammunition changes!
    Instead of a collective ammo for every gun type, change those current ammo types into specific ones that fit the guns. Like so -
    9mm - M9, MP5, UZI, CZ P09, Glock 17, Vector, SIG MPX
    .45- UMP 45, HK 45, P90
    .357 - Colt Python, Desert Eagle,
    5.56 - M16, M4, Scar-L, Winchester
    7.62 - Dragunov, AK 47, Groza, Scar-H, M14
    20 gauge - Dual Barrel
    12 gauge - Remington 870, Mossberg 500, SPAS 12, KSG, M2 Tactical
    .338 Lapua- AWM
    .50 BMG - Barrett .50 caliber
    .408 - Intervention

3. Equipment
    This is a few different things, ranging from something in your pocket to on your gun to setting up.

A. Tents
    Structures composed of wool and two poles, they are a wool structure that are simple canvas tent. You can put a chest inside and store items. Only buildable in forests or fields. Maybe inside the prison. Can be looted and griefed. Found in garage, military, shop and wild bags

B. Weapon attachments
    Little things on your gun that give it a little style or an advantage. They include:
    Red dot sight (this was removed I think). Iron sights put it in the middle of your screen. Like a sniper rifle but no crosshairs. A dot.
    Foregrip - control rifle and SMG recoil with this, giving you a slight edge over others without having to zoom in and slow down.
    Silencer - slightly less damage, but more accurate. Reduces sound and does not attract as many walkers
    All found in military and police bags

C. Tracker
    Keeps track of anything you attached the device to. Attach it to your enemies car or vehicle, and when they stop moving, find them and set up an ambush! Found in military and police bags

D. C4 and wire
    You want a surefire way to kill someone without putting yourself in (as much) harms way? Set up some C4 and arm the wire. Once they trip it, bam! Found in military and police bags.

4. Functions
    Changing a few things up, the way a few things operate. Like so.

A. Explosives functionality
    Explosives are dangerous but lack any sense of being real apart from the sound and explosion. Here's how things would change.
    The explosives would set random blocks on fire within a 5x5x5 radius. Any flammable blocks would burn and be destroyed. Map resets every 24 hours or so. Fire does not spread.

B. Weapon sounds
    Do you think you would hear a gunshot from 6 feet away? Absolutely. But in this game, it doesn't go any farther than 8 blocks. That needs to change.. like... drastically.

Sound radius -
    9mm - 75 blocks
    20 gauge - 80 blocks
    .45 - 110 blocks
    5.56 - 125 blocks
    7.62 - 150 blocks
    12 gauge - 160 blocks
    .338 Lapua- 175 blocks
    .408 - 200 blocks
    .50 BMG - 275 blocks
    Explosion - 280 blocks

C. Walker strength
    Walkers broke into the store Rick first met the group. Other places too, the gate in Alexandria. If there are enough walkers trying to get in, the glass will break. Maybe 25 walkers, and 25 for the door. To break barricades or a gate, 75 or more. We'd need more walker spawn rates or more of horde events in places such as Alexandria, Prison, Kingdom, etc.

D. Hordes
    Hordes would be awesome. Remember season 9, Daryl and Alpha? Those thousands of walkers. Not quite as many as that, but around 300 walkers or so.

E. Headshots ONLY
    If you try to kill a Walker, only a headshot should kill it. Something like that would be awesome.

Okay, I think I'm done. this post may have been the longest I've ever done. See you around.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  2. Tawdster

Tawdster Member

I think all this is great. But what if you start a fire in a sz? Will it do any damage to it?

3. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

No... somehow youd have to program it like before, the explosives dont go off in a safezone

4. CastielCraw

CastielCraw Member

I love the idea. The ammunition and the tent one especially. I actually planned to make a thread about C4 before, explaining it more concrete, but I think, that I should make one about tents, since that’s a great idea. Could improve a lot, since players will be able to actually store items outside safe zones.

5. FireRageHD

FireRageHD Member

I think this is a really cool idea, however, the only part that caught my eye was colt python tier 6... I mean I know it is a high caliber, but it's accuracy is worse than that of the deagle. Also, the problem with making all ammo types realistic is the fact that it is too complex, especially for those that don't even know what a.50 bmg is. The whole idea of, let's say sniper clips, is more simple and easy to remember what ammo it is for. Also if you have multiple guns and ammo types you'd need more inventory for more ammo types and something that explains what ammo type each gun needs.

6. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

New ideas added to the list:

Contents:
    1. Faction info (credit to @CastielCraw)
    2. PvP ideas
    3. Local chat

1. Faction ideas
    CastielCraw made another post on an idea. It involved factions, and I liked it a lot. There were a few things I wanted to add.

A.
    Factions should have a base, like somewhere they can claim as their own. For example, say a faction wished to stay out of the way and hide in the forest. They could place a faction banner in the woods, and claim a certain radius of blocks, maybe 20x20. You could upgrade this to a max of 30x30, 2 blocks per upgrade.

B.
    Building a base camp would be a great way to keep your faction or friends safe. We'd need some building materials to make structures or tents.
    B1. Wooden planks (any kind), colored wool (just the skinned wool like sheet metal around Alexandria)
    B2. Wool (black, grey, white, blue, red and green)
    B3. Glass panes (the ones that look like a dirty 4x4 panel window)
    B4. Campfire rings (1 netherack and 4 stone slabs)
    B5. You can only build up to 6 blocks tall

You could only build in places that you have claimed or captured. For example, you could do something like this:
    You have claimed a small area of the forest, fit for building. A nice clearing, few ways in or out of the jumble of leaves. You /faction claim
    The area is now yours! You build a fire ring in the middle and a few tents around the area. A small meeting room of wood and some windows rests over on the side. 3 block tall barricades topped with barbed wire surrounds the area. My images wont upload so I'll have to put them in map Maker or something.
    To claim a space for a camp, place your faction banner (for singular player, /claim) where you desire. The space is now yours to build on! Ranked claims:
    Non rank - 1 claim
    VIP - 2 claims
    Champion - 2 claims
    Legend - 3 claims
    Titan - 3 claims
    Mythical - 4 claims
    For a faction, a claim is 20x20 until upgraded. A single claim is only about 10x10, upgradable to 15x15, 1 every upgrade. You can add people to your claim if you wish. But only enough to accommodate the space you have.
    Chests would be included to build, to store your weapons and items.

C. Destroying and pillaging a camp
    To pillage a camp, you must destroy their banner! Then the claim rights will be lost, and everything can be destroyed and/or looted, even claimed for someone else's purposes.

D. Spacing
    Camps should not be within at least 75 blocks of each other.

2. PvP Ideas
    A few ideas involving the PvP side of TMD. Ever played King of the hill? Kind of the same concept.

A. King of the Hill locations
    ThunderDragon3's faction [SweatyNoobs] has captured the prison!
    Picture a message like this in the chat. After placing your banner in a specific place within an important TWD location, you now control it. This process is called a Capture. You will want to defend this place well, because if you do not, another faction could lay siege to you and start a war.
    There are a few things that can happen...

A1. Sieges: another faction or group can lay siege to a location. They will attack, likely with explosives. They can knock down a gate if there is one, and continue attacking until they have lost ir successfully taken control. These will be fair sized battles, sometimes only skirmishes, and will be heard from far away.
    A2. Fortification: setting traps or preparing defenses for your location, fortifying is a smart move, seeing as an enemy will likely arise and attack you.
    A3. Rally: like a siege or fortification, but this involves several factions or groups teaming against or uniting a location. These would generally be large scale battles, because many factions gather on one or both sides. These can go on for a long time if both sides are balanced in terms of terrain, or firepower.
    A4. War: A much larger scale of a Rally, a War is all out combat. This can become a War through either declaring war on another faction or location. It can also happen through continually
    escalating Sieges and Rallys.

Explaining a Capture:
    Area must be clear of enemies or anyone outside of your faction
    Place the banner in the specific location
    (Alex - Near Negan's cell)
    (Prison - the walk above the ground)
    (Woodbury - Governor's home)
    (Sanctuary - Negan's room)
    (Kingdom - The church)
    (Terminus - welcome area)
    (Junkyard - Center of junkyard pile)
    (Oceanside - store room)
    (Belport - Cargo ship)
    (Hartsfield - tower)
    (Hilltop - Tower on the house)
    Defend the area

B. Defense items
    Fences ought to be available to players, blocking off roads ad pathways, defending their position or home. Can be included with bases

3. Local chat range decreased
    Perhaps reduce the range players can be heard in local to about 50 blocks or so, 75 at the most. Its unrealistic, hearing a person whisper or normally talk from 600 feet away.

Alright, I think I'm done! Laters!

7. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

I suppose that's true, yeah.. maybe include it in the tutorial, though? That could work?

Also, deagle is Tier 6, python was Tier 5, did you look close enough...? Lol

8. FireRageHD

FireRageHD Member

How many people do you know that actually read the signs in the tutorial?

9. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

Maybe around 1/2 the people, but realistically less.

10. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

I did when the new one came out after that reset

11. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

I did not, and neither did a few people who spawned after me. A lot of people just skip it all.

12. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

Welp, new players ask questions, right? They need an explanation, another player can tell them what they need to know.

13. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

Yeah, I understand and usually people are good about that stuff though.

14. seuboi

seuboi Member

Great ideas but I can already hear the pvp/tmdc players crying over how this will destroy TMD. Again.

15. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

Make like tmdpve-2 and tmdpvp-2 the fancy and experimental one. So you have tmdc which is the old style, the tmdpve/p-1 which is the casual style, and the tmdpve/p-2 as the more immersive or fancier

Zcu likes this.
  16. FireRageHD

FireRageHD Member

That would be cool, you should make a post in the idea thread about that.

17. Zcu

Zcu Member

Sounds like YOM to me.

18. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

It does, by a long shot. Which is why I like a fair few ideas.

19. FireRageHD

FireRageHD Member

Yom network?

20. Zcu

Zcu Member

Maybe (To be safe)

Special Deals
sale

Mining Dead Ultimate Crate Pack

Twitter
TeamSpeak

IP: ts.havocmc.net