Map 3 - 2
Map 3 - 3
Izambane Islands
Map 2
Map 3
Join us at

miningdead.com

The Gas mask

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by CastielCraw, Aug 20, 2019.

?

Are you a creeper? - No, why?

1. Because you make my heart explode.

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Aww man.

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. CastielCraw

CastielCraw Member

Hello my fellow friends. My humble self will now present you an idea many (or one) have mentioned in the earlier threads & posts.

Only one I could find:
    - https://havocmc.net/threads/tmd-ideas-again.7011/#post-57405

The gas mask

Anyways, following text will describe use, additional items and, of course, why this should be implemented.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Item: Gas mask
    Intention: Preventing the user from breathing toxic gases and pollutants.
    Object class: Rare
    Loot locations: Highest chance to be found in military complexes. [Military lootbags]

Description:
    The mask itsself forms a sealed cover over the nose and mouth, but may also cover the eyes and other vulnerable soft tissues of the face. The gas mask was first seen on a walker in season 3 episode 1. It protects the user from various gases and allows him to travell to toxic or/and radioactive areas without danger. Ineffective against █████████ gas.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gases:
    Gases: Tear gas, Mustard gas, Chemical Z
    Intention: Harming enemies by throwing toxic and corrosive chemicals.
    Object class: Unique - Rare
    Loot locations: █████████

Description (Tear gas): If a player happens to be in the area of effect (AOE), he or she will unfortunatly lose the ability to see temporarily (blindness). Even after leaving the AOE the effect will stay on the victom for approximatly 5-10 seconds longer. The victim will constantly lose a half a heart every 2 seconds, making it on the long run a crucial weapon, which can decide between life and death.

Loot locations: Military complexes
    Duration: 15 seconds
    Diameter: 10 blocks

Description (Mustard gas): Mustard gas, which was esspecially used in the first world war, is a toxic gas, which, when in contact with skin, cauterizes it. It can lead to eye injuries, to chemical burns and to blisters. Breathing it, can cause massive respiration damage and does lead to death, when the player is exposed to it too long. As soon as the victim enters the AOE, the victim gains blindness, poison II and weakness. If the victim happens to wear a gas mask, the blindness effect will be nullified and instead of poison II, poison I will come into effect. Staying in the AOE is still being advised as a bad idea, since the mustard gas does corrode the skin. Upon leaving the AOE all effects, but the weakness effect stop working. The weakness effect will continue for approximatly 10-15 more seconds. When not wearing a gas mask, one will lose one and a half heart every 2-3 seconds. When wearing a gas mask the damage is being minimized to only half a heart.

Loot locations: Military complexes
    Duration: 10 seconds
    Diameter: 8 blocks

Description (Chemical Z): A liquidied version of the virus, which originally was discovered in █████████. Scientists have worked out, that the virus infects its victims trough air transmission. The virus is the same as the one out there. The virus that turns people into these beasts.

(Note: For the people, who don't understand it: When in touch with Chemical Z, you will get the infection message. It's like you were bitten.)

Personal Note from Dr. Bennel: Upon testing Chemical Z on walkers, we discovered a weird behaviour. You could call it rabies. They apparently get stronger and tougher. But after heaped containment breaches, the council sadly decided to neutralize these subjects, which had the consequence, that we weren't able to gain deeper insight into this strange behaviour.

Object class: Extremely rare
    Loot locations: CDC, ██████ and █████.
    Duration: 15 seconds
    Diameter: 5-8 blocks

Usage: Right-Click (Just as one would do to use grenades or molotov cocktails)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Personal notes: When creating the gas mask, instead of using a piece of armor, you could use a block. Upon placing the block, the block dissapears from the hotbar and reappears on the head. If the player wants to take it off, he or she can just grab it manually from the inventory. This is only, if there are no armor pieces left, one can use as a gas mask.

Why this should be implemented: Since creating a new mob seems to be a bit too complex, taking the few mobs the server has available, I thought creating an armor piece could be simplier. By implementing this into the server, you offer the community a big range of possibilities. People can assassinate players by covering the victim in tear gas, making the gas mask a crucial armor piece in pvp. The gas mask obviously exists in the TWD universe, although Chemical Z and the mustard gas never appeared. This is, of course a dilemma, that must be solved first, but in my opinion I wouldn't mind a bit of additional content, as long as it isn't out of the ordinary and completely misplaced. The gas mask should be easy to implement by replacing it with a block as described in the personal note, but since I don't make these awesome weapons, blocks and armory myself, who am I to judge the difficulty?

I hope, that you guys like these idea/s and consider implementing it for it will boost both economy and pvp.
    Thank you for reading.

Link for picture from walker with gas mask:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    Chocolattae likes this.
  2. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

I actually have a WWI texture pack and it makes pumpkins gas masks, they updated it a few days ago too. There is a problem: they only have it for 1.9, 1.12, 1.13, and 1.14

3. CastielCraw

CastielCraw Member

It doesn't need to be a pumpkin. A retextured emerald block would do the job too.

4. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

True but it would not be easy.

5. JBentley694

JBentley694 Builder

pumpkins and pretty much all the other blocks have a served usage
    pumpkins are part of the scope system
    The main issue with these ideas is resources, most of our resources are full, most of the blocks are place holders for weapon models and all the armor materials are currently in use.

6. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

That was the main concern I had with that idea. That block usage would be too low to use it. Also, emerald blocks are using in building currently.

7. CastielCraw

CastielCraw Member

So there really is not one block which isn't already a place holder? There are over 150 different blocks in Minecraft 1.8, there must be at least one, single block... I actually really thought, that this is a foolproof suggestion. Perhaps a 6 sided bark log block or a dragon egg.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  8. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

I downloaded the texture pack and much of the vanilla blocks are all used up for building and stuff like that.

9. OnlyCrazyPvP

OnlyCrazyPvP Member

the pumpkin is already the sniper scope it would be possible to use an item on the playerhead but that would take a ton of code to work fine
    also a gas mask could be a not used helm (not sure if there is one atm) and a texture

10. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

A lot of blocks are used for building materials because so many are used for custom things.

11. CastielCraw

CastielCraw Member

Although it may be a lot of work, one must consider the variety of possibilities, when it works. Using blocks and/or items for new armor trough retexturing and plug-ins can give the server a big boost for equipment and armory. A bukkit plug-in like "Hatty" can do this without much work for example.

12. JBentley694

JBentley694 Builder

Most of our pack is consumed by model sets, such as all the blocks are used for building yes and then they are place holders for all the models used which means for every gun we have variant camos which need there own place holder.

We are planning on introducing melee camos back into the game which takes more texture pack space, so ye the pack is heavy as is and we will actually have to remove some things later on as it is very big and laggy for players.

13. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

That's a major problem with such a customized server, every block is needed for something. So I hope that gets sorted eventually.

14. Loftt

Loftt Member

I believe this an amazing ides to be implemented the only issue I can see are the ones used above, but we can use other items aswell, alpha leaves and alpha slabs are glitched times we could use a spanwer, or maybe remove something that never gets used to implement this? Anyhow if this was implemented it would be a cool unique item.

15. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

The only problem is that so many blocks are used for building or customized purposes which means that they would have update it to get more blocks which is not easy, there are a few ideas I agree with there though so I hope that gets pushed through.

16. FireRageHD

FireRageHD Member

Honestly what would be cooler and simplier is if there were radiated spots on the map that require a radiation suit to explore.

Chocolattae likes this.
  17. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

I agree with that, it would make things more interesting. Like a nuclear power plant and surrounding miles are radioactive.

18. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

Pretty sure the Stryker is a golden helmet. So that makes -
    Leather cap - leather helm
    Military cap - chain helm
    Riot helmet - iron helm
    Juggernaut mask - diamond helm
    Stryker Crossbow - golden helm.
    Yep. That's out

19. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

Hmmm I guess that could work out then, but what would replace the crossbow-golden helm

20. CastielCraw

CastielCraw Member

In “Fear the walking dead”, there actually is a nuclear power plant. In order to go there they required special suits, which probably can be compared with a gas mask.

Special Deals
sale

Mining Dead Ultimate Crate Pack

Twitter
TeamSpeak

IP: ts.havocmc.net

Join Server
Discord