Map 3 - 2
Map 3 - 3
Izambane Islands
Map 2
Map 3
Join us at

miningdead.com

The flu

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by CastielCraw, Aug 16, 2019.

?

Are you a minecraft fence? - No, why?

1. 'Cuz I can't get over you.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 'Cuz you block my way.

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. CastielCraw

CastielCraw Member

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is short flashback with context:

Who remembers the second episode of the fourth season "Infected"?

Those who know will probably already suspect what this thread is all about.
    It's about the mysterious flu, that first killed the pig Violet before infecting the inhabitants of the prison.
    It began with dear Rick, who spotted a walker with lovely bloodshot eyes (I hope you can hear the sarcasm of "lovely"), confusing him for he'd never seen something like this before. Shortly after that a lot of the refugees were infected with a deadly outcome turning them into walkers afterwards.

After a vast exploration Mr. Daryl, Mr. Tyreese, Mr. Bob and Mrs. Michonne discovered a veterinary college with walkers like Rick saw earlier. They all shared the same bloody eyes which indicated an infection.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is the suggestion:
    My suggestion is to implement exactly this flu into the game introducing a new mob:

The flu walker
    The mob: I hope you could read the name. It's basically a normal zombie with bloodshot eyes spawning in prison and surrounding.This does implicate Newnan, King Country and Bigspot. Basically the whole area behind the river. The spawning rate would increase with the proximity to the prison. The closer you are, the more of these you'll have to fight off. I would probably just spawn normal zombies with custom heads as design.

But be careful: Don't let them touch you! If they hit you, there's a 65% chance, that you'll get infected by the very same flu, that they were infected with. And if you don't have any antobiotica with you to strengthen your immune system, you'll probably meet the same fate.

How the flu works: There are a couple of stages the player will have to go trough before death.
    1. Stage: Nausea effects, that will hit the player randomly for 3 seconds for the first 5 minutes.
    2. Stage: Blindness effects, that will hit the player randomly for 2 seconds for the next 5 minutes.
    Player is now more vulnerable to zombie infections increasing the chance to nearly 70%. (Not by 70%)
    3. Stage: High fever, that will make the player move slower and sluggish. The hold item will sometimes drop
    due to the loss of energy.
    4. Stage: Inevitable death. A walker will be spawned with the armor and the held item, the player died with.

If implementing this with custom heads, the helmet will probably fall out.

Note: When passing to the next stage, the previous symptoms are being kept.

How to cure the flu: In order to cure the flu the player needs to use antibiotica. For every stage the player passed, one of these needs to be used:

Example: Player at 2. stage uses antibiotica returning to the first stage.

Why should this be implemented: Easy! Antibiotica would have more crucial importance, since the normal zombie infection can be cured by 3 bandages making antibiotica completely unnecessary. By introducing a disease, which's only cure is antibiotica it will gain more attention. It would also introduce a new mob, which also existed in the series and (probably) in the comics giving the server a bit more variety.
    I will perhaps add some more content to this afterwards. If you have any more ideas please keep them for yourself. (Don't keep them for yourself. Scream them out, I wanna hear your creative ideas.)
    Thanks for reading.

FalseHorseFranz, Chocolattae and Zcu like this.
  2. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

Oh my God. Why haven't we thought of this yet? (I'm legit watching Season 4 right now, end of Indifferent ep 5) I like the concept of the flu and the walkers, but here's a little twist, including some items and functions that I think ought to be added - (tent, lantern, The Cure, bleeding, antibodies stopping the infection temporarily, over dosage)

If anyone has played YomNetwork and played the apocalypse game mode, you'll know what I mean. Picture this within TMD-

You are sneaking along the road at midnight. A walker growls beyond you. You pull out your machete, but suddenly more walkers emerge from the woods! One has strange, bloodshot eyes. It bites you, you are bleeding and infected!
    You run into the woods, and set up a tent. You struggle to reach your lantern in your backpack. You put it down and inspect your arm. A scratch resides on your forearm.
    It is not a bite, and you fall asleep after bandaging the wound and cleaning it.
    The next morning, you feel nauseous. It suddenly goes away. Later on, you feel weak and you can't see well. It goes away. Even after, you randomly drop items and slow down drastically. You know something is wrong.
    You rush to Gradys Hospital for medicine. Antibodies slow down the sickness, but only for so long. You must be careful not to overdose.
    You look in medical bags for The Cure. There is a 1 in 2 chance it wont work. You find the cure and stab it in your arm. You slowly fall asleep after a long day.
    The next day, you are still nauseous but cured.

The items I mentioned:

Tents - spawn in garage bags, shopping, wild and military
    Lanterns - spawn in garage, shopping, wild, military and medical
    The Cure - available only in medical bags, very very rare

Functions -
    Bleeding - you take 1 heart of damage every 5 seconds. You must first clean it with water, then use bandages to stop the bleeding.
    Over dosage - if you take too many painkillers or antibodies, there is a 1 in 3 chance you will become nauseous, then die 2 minutes later. This cannot be fixed with /heal or bandages

FalseHorseFranz likes this.
  3. JBentley694

JBentley694 Builder

We have thought of this before, its a cool idea just rather difficult to implement and if we did add it it really wouldnt be that much different than the current infection system. Main issues is using another mob which we are limited to mob usage for 1.8 and the more variant mobs we use the less zombie mobs will spawn which is why we dont have animals to hunt.

4. CastielCraw

CastielCraw Member

I wouldn't use another mob(, a new "vanilla" mob you would first have to remodel entirely) for this idea. As I mentioned in the thread I would use a normal walker with a dressed head as design. For example I used Nova Skin and the walker skin from HavocMC as a template and edited the head:

https://imgur.com/RC0GShH

Since this is the "same" mob as in the rest of the world it shouldn't effect the spawn rating. I, of course, would hand the skin over to you(, but I'm pretty sure you would do it better).

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    FalseHorseFranz likes this.
  5. Kanzelin_Linuk

Kanzelin_Linuk Member

I like the idea but I feel like this would be too hard to achieve as the server is currently figured from my perspective. If they could do this it would be great but I believe that can not currently add that idea.

Special Deals
sale

Mining Dead Ultimate Crate Pack

Twitter
Discord