Map 3 - 2
Map 3 - 3
Izambane Islands
Map 2
Map 3
Join us at

miningdead.com

Tents

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by CastielCraw, Sep 5, 2019.

?

Are you an enderman? - No, why?

1. 'Cuz I wanna look you in the eyes.

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. 'Cuz you should you cover your face.

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. CastielCraw

CastielCraw Member

Welcome you to another suggestion, which was heavily inspired by ThunderDragon3's
    "The ultimate idea thread".
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Since the update for duffle bags is in effect a lot of dissapproval has been going on lately. I myself somehow support and dislike the update both, since the infinite-storage like feature didn't match the apocalyptic atmosphere and realism, but still helped a lot of new and old players storing a lot of goods, which surely did assist the economic aspect of the server. A lot of suggestion were made how to indemnify affected players (Mostly default/unranked) without unbalancing the system between default and ranked again.

This may come a little late, but when reading ThunderDragon3's "The ultimate idea thread" I thought about how it would be to implement a placable in-game storage, which acts like a vault, but just placeable. Introducing:

________________________________________________________________________________________
    Tents
    Tents were long suggested before and I decided to make a proper suggestion and explain the small features, but huge advantages and benefits of such implemention.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________

[​IMG]
    Above is a picture of how such tent could look like. This tent was made by "TheRedEngineer" who is popular for his one-command-block creations making it possible for a lot of players to increase their vanilla minecraft experience. By retexturing a dropper or a dispenser one could cloak the block as a chest, surrounded by tent sidewalls. (Sorry for the glitch in the right side. I had problems with the shaders :/, sorry)

To prevent players to horde stuff, I advice to use above mentioned blocks (Dispenser or Dropper), since they only have 9 slots of free space and not the 27-chest slots.
    --------------------------------------------
    Tents: Informations
    Item: Tent
    Object Class: Very Rare
    Loot locations: Military Bags and Server NPCs

Server NPC Price: $12500 per Item (I know, that this is totally overpriced, but I think it fits to the server prices.)
    --------------------------------------------

Imagine that you and your friends are looking for goods to trade in the Apocalypse. The leader of your team decides that today's camp should be set up in the forest. Although one of your comrades decides against it, supported by the argument that it is too dangerous to stay in the forest because of the damned, your leader didn't want to hear anything about this, because the destination wasn't far away anymore and he didn't want to run back to find a better shelter.

It wasn't long before the first damned smelled the flesh of the mortals and began to gather, walking in the direction of your overnight-camp. The guard alarmed the survivors, as soon as the damned started crawling out of the forest to the glade.

[​IMG]

Why this should be implemented:
    As one can see from the story and the pictures, adding a tent can not also help players to set up a little base, but it also contributes to the apocalyptic atmosphere of the server. It would give a lot of player another purpose to roam the world finding a good spot for a base creating teams to protect those. I'm aware of the lack of blocks, which could be used, but I hope, that once that problem is solved, that this will be considered for future updates.

Thanks for reading.

seuboi and ThunderDragon3 like this.
  2. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

Cool thought. I think it is interesting, I support it.

3. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

Lol, nice job Castiel. This expanded on my tents idea, this was a great one! Keep up the good work, my friend!

4. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

It is certainly an intriguing idea.

5. Griffin_White

Griffin_White Member

If this gest intodusted I suggest putting a limit on how many tents can be placed in a certain radius because people could just spam them down and lag the server

Special Deals
sale

Mining Dead Ultimate Crate Pack

Twitter
TeamSpeak

IP: ts.havocmc.net

Join Server
Discord