Map 3 - 2
Map 3 - 3
Izambane Islands
Map 2
Map 3
Join us at

miningdead.com

Steel Pike Armor Walker

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by CastielCraw, Aug 16, 2019.

?

Are you a minecraft lever? - No, why?

1. Because you turn me on.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Because you turn me off.

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. CastielCraw

CastielCraw Member

Lemme introduce you the "Steel Pike Armor Walker" (short: S.P.A.W.), also known as Gladiator Walker.
    This walker once appeared in 7x10 in the series. Rick had to fight this bad boy in the junkjard arena, giving him not only an impaled hand, but also the beginning of a more or less hypocritical relationship between Jadis and him.

Mob: This mob, which functions as a mini-boss, will spawn somewhere in the junkjard giving the player the opportunity to fight him. Since the mob's head is protected by a metal helmet all damage to the head will be nullified. It's also important to note, that SPAW does have a high knockback-resistance, making it impossible to melee-camp and forces the player to not only go into short-range combat, but to also move contiunarly. The spikes of the monster function as his defensive/offensive passive ability. Touching the SPAW's hitbox will damage the player (spikes).

Reward:
    Different items can function as rewards. Crates, supply drops, tier 5 and legendary weapons, juggernaut armor and kits can be used.

Spawn: This mob mainly spawn in PvP, since players are an important part. Why, you may ask? The mob itsself isn't a big problem, when working out the right technique, but the players who will gather at the junkjard for the loot. This, in my opinion makes this eventful and justifies the reward/s. The mob should only spawn every 2 to 3 hours, as long as there are at least 30 players on the server. A notifications will pop in the chat, when SPAW spawns, despawns or was killed.

Why should this be implemented? This will boost the PvP community and push players to travel the world. It will also give the server finally a walker with special abilities and attributes, than the normal ones, making it a truly impenetrably, serious threat. I know, that this will a lot of work, but it's nice to think about it and share it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Note: If crafting receipes should ever be implemented, I would suggest, that SPAW should drop juggernaut plates. These plates can(, what a surprise,) be used to craft juggernaut armor, but can also be used to upgrade weapons.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will perhaps add some more content to it later, if necessary.
    Thank you for reading.

[​IMG]

Chocolattae likes this.
  2. JBentley694

JBentley694 Builder

This is a neat idea, one of which I wanted to do a while back but sadly we run our server on 1.8 and are limited by mob usage.

3. CastielCraw

CastielCraw Member

I would probably just use a normal walker with dyed leather armor, but with more health and resistance. I used to watch one command block episodes and I can remember one episode clearly. By renaming blocks, armor, weapons or even mobs their look got retextured.

Example: By naming a golden shovel “Thor’s hammer” it’s design got remodeled and gained special attributes like spawning lightning.

Other example: By naming a zombie “Herobrine”, its skin changed to a normal Steve skin with white eyes.

Perhaps you don’t need any more mobs, but just the command blocks or (if there exists one) a plug-in which allows exactly this to happen.

(This was written on my mobile phone, don’t judge me x.x )

4. Kanzelin_Linuk

Kanzelin_Linuk Member

The issue would be making it a server mechanic and making it spawn across the map in a frequency. Command Blocks typically lag my server so I would recommend against it and I do not think the staff currently even use command blocks for such things, if at all.

5. CastielCraw

CastielCraw Member

That is, of course, a legit argument. It's just an example of how to maybe make new mobs without having to remodel "new" mobs like skeletons, cows and pigs. I'm not sure how the spawn system works, but I think to recall, that in Hartsfield there are Riot walkers spawning from time to time. I don't know how the spawning system works, but perhaps by taking the Riot walker spawning rate as a template for the start would be a great beginning.

6. Kanzelin_Linuk

Kanzelin_Linuk Member

I am fairly certain it is a glitch because of the fact I have not seen any posts on it and also they are still zombies which do occasionally spawn with gear on so perhaps it is a glitch. A glitch in the sense that it is normal vanilla mechanics but is not suppose to be a feature in tmd.

7. OnlyCrazyPvP

OnlyCrazyPvP Member

everything what you can do with a command you can do with a plugin
    you can not change a moddel of a mob you can just change the texture or set a 3d moddel on its head
    Riot walkers are a feature ingame they spawn at prison for example

8. Kanzelin_Linuk

Kanzelin_Linuk Member

I have yet to see that many spawn unless it is at a major location.

9. FireRageHD

FireRageHD Member

I dont know how badly it would affect player base however I feel like sooner or later they will need to remove all connections with 1.8 and move on to 1.9+ for future updates

OnlyCrazyPvP likes this.
  10. Kanzelin_Linuk

Kanzelin_Linuk Member

Probably for a while.

11. OnlyCrazyPvP

OnlyCrazyPvP Member

would be great

12. Kanzelin_Linuk

Kanzelin_Linuk Member

It will take a while to get that all set up probably.

Special Deals
sale

Mining Dead Ultimate Crate Pack

Twitter
Discord