Map 3 - 2
Map 3 - 3
Izambane Islands
Map 2
Map 3
Join us at

miningdead.com

Staff Guide Revamp/Staff Revamp

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by MaddleJr, Aug 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Payog

Payog Member

Well hello everyone,

I'm sure most of you will disagree although in my opinion this is a great idea. So since tmd is resetting and such I feel like the staff guide should be revamped. To those who do not know what a staff guide is well it's basically the server rules with the punishments on it for example:

3 warns = 1 mute for a week

Something like that basically. Now personally Iv'e never seen this type of staff guide on any server which makes tmd unique but I feel like perm muting someone or even banning them for warns should be not PERMANENT. My previous ban is not related to this at all if anyone is wondering I am just stating the fact that people get banned for small things such as being toxic in chat. Being toxic in chat shouldn't result to a permanent mute within the first warning. Havoc has great potential and did/will do great things even if some players disagree. In my opinion staff should not EDATE players (This does not relate to staff who have been dating for a while and one of them resigned) but this could lead to bias decisions and such, personally I've experienced bias decisions AGAINST me. Now this may get people mad but at this point we as a community should push this suggestion to go through staff.

My second suggestion is people within the age range of 12-14 should not be staff. Whether they claim they are mature enough, they are not. I'm not gonna mention any specific staff but I have seen staff warn people for things that they shouldn't of been warned for. Staff think that because they have the power to warn/mute/ban that they can do whatever they want because THEY are staff and think that we do not matter and such. Staff seem to just think warning someone will solve something although it will NOT. Staff have been doing this for a while and again I'd like to mention that this is not directed to any staff members but I just thought that this should be brought up. It's not fair for players to give their time to the server and then get treated like shit by staff, not all staff are like this but most of them are. I really hope someone with the power to control staff really do something about this because at this point it is getting ridiculous. It's not fair for players and not fair for the owners since staff give them a bad rep.

Personally I think Havoc should re-evaluate all their staff and demote those who do not pass the standards like not knowing how to screen share and such. Anyone can be nice and resolve solutions but staff should be able to go above those standards and be able to screen share and not just ban people for no reason just because they have a "Recording" of it or a screenshot. It's not fair at all for players who are genuinely trying to play the server but they can't because either staff don't resolve anything or just ban everyone in the situation. Also ALL staff below Admin should record all proof and UPLOAD it when someone appeals. I have no clue but Havoc is so secret about everything but staff issues, recently I have been hearing about staff issues and it's unbelievable what I heard. It's sad to think that these staff run the server and are the ones punishing us although they have done worst things. Also another thing is being severe on staff like I don't get why you guys don't have a manager do deal with all of this, there should be a manager to handle all these little staff issues because if not it escalates to even worse and eventually the word passes around and players find out.

The owners are very busy with living their life and working on the server and HAVING FUN. All players have to keep in mind that they are ALLOWED to play games too and that just because the server was pushed back it's not the end of the world. Iv'e been friends with many devs and sometimes it's good to take a break and have fun. Yes they are running a business but they as humans like any of us should be allowed to have fun without being bashed for it. This is simply a explanation to all players who "knew" they were gonna push the date back and say that tmd never sticks to a date. You guys just don't understand that they are working hard and don't always have time to spare. This was just a small message so everyone could understand that they are not always sitting at the computer screen and that they have lives too.

Anyways these are mainly my points for the staff revamp/staff guide revamp.

No bashing the thread, only +1 or -1 <-- Agree or disagree.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  2. MichaelSteve

MichaelSteve Builder

It should go 1 Warn -> 1 Mute -> 1 Ban -> 1 Appeal -> Skips everything else and goes to Permabanned.

EndWatcherCerius and MaddleJr like this.
  3. Payog

Payog Member

Yes this was what I meant, I have corrected it. :D

4. DeleteThisAcc

DeleteThisAcc Member

-1 thread locked

jk

5. Payog

Payog Member

Sir I am triggered

EndWatcherCerius likes this.
  6. _White_Fang

_White_Fang Member

This looks nice.

As a heads up, you might wanna make it more clean, and as I mean by clean, break it up more often, so it isn't in huge paragraphs like the 5th paragraph is.

That's all.
    Have a nice day!
    -Brooklyn

7. LittleNekoLoli

LittleNekoLoli Member

Warning > 1h mute > 24h mute > 7d mute > Perm mute
    Warnings become like - invalid after a month or so. Maybe still have them there with the label old.

Why ban for toxicity? If someone is toxic in chat, you mute them. In Discord, you ban them (temp). In TS, you ban them (temp). If they can't talk in chat then how can they be toxic lol.

Edating almost never ends well. We have people like Kat and Mr. Admin man who actually are able to handle it (Kat actually has been staff, knows the rules, is mature, and never gets in trouble). Then we have some people who think their epartner is always right. No names but it has happened. A lot.

Age thing - Gotta disagree. I don't think it's a problem with ages, I think it's a problem with special little snowflakes who think that someone saying "ur mom ugly" in chat is mute-worthy.

8. Payog

Payog Member

Thank you and will do!

9. general2673

general2673 Moderator

Lord my dude- that's a long post xD... It looks like an interesting read from what I saw... At work irl rn but I'll check it out later. As a former staff, I'm curious what this says.

10. Payog

Payog Member

I just feel like 12-14 is too young to be staffing a server in my opinion but your opinion is not ignored, thank you for sharing it! btw message me on discord .-.

11. Payog

Payog Member

Of course general, I want everyones opinion on this!

12. _White_Fang

_White_Fang Member

I second this!

MaddleJr likes this.
  13. Jahango

Jahango Member

Great post! :D

14. Payog

Payog Member

Thank you Jahango!

15. _White_Fang

_White_Fang Member

I tried liking ur post and my computer just rejected it :p
    But yea, this is an interesting post with a lot of good ideas and such :D

Jahango and MaddleJr like this.
  16. Payog

Payog Member

Thank you! Havoc needs a change and we will deliver it :D

17. _White_Fang

_White_Fang Member

For the people and by the people as I always say!

MaddleJr likes this.
  18. Payog

Payog Member

Yes!!!

19. Pawndah

Pawndah Member

Considering that I have past experience with a staff team 4x the amount of havoc's staff team currently I'd support the idea of the staff team / staff guide being changed. With the idea of the people dealing with how long punishments last thats where I think we have no power. The staff manager would deal with that and honestly I believe havocmc mangement is needless to say reluctant to let the community decide on post like these, im saying that with no disrespect intended and previous post like these and how they ended up.

20. _White_Fang

_White_Fang Member

I agree with this.

This thread is quite a good topic to talk about.

MaddleJr and Pawndah like this.
Special Deals
sale

Mining Dead Ultimate Crate Pack

Twitter
Discord