Map 3 - 2
Map 3 - 3
Izambane Islands
Map 2
Map 3
Join us at

miningdead.com

Set base gamemode/getting a kit system

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Armenbrine01, Dec 9, 2016.

Tags:
?

Should some of these(more than 1) be added

1. Yeah! These are great!

2. No, these make me want to die!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ArmenTheHeli

ArmenTheHeli Member

Im gonna make this quick because I need to go to the bathroom :p
    Ideas
    Be able to set the spawn gamemode of players when they join the world (world admins would still have gamemode commands)
    Make an optional kit menu (like TMD,)
    Be able to use the melee weapons from TMD (Not guns, because that could be way to much coding)
    (This may be op) Let us use command blocks for custom maps! I have a pvp map, and if we could set base gamemodes, then I could put buttons linked with command blocks to give everyone their specific kit. Also with command blocks, it would be easier to get melees from TMD because we could just put in the correct data tag for the item. My map is currently stuck with bows and the "Alt Melees" (Bo Staff) Item, and "Melees" (Dull knife) item as the weapons. Im not using generic swords, because they look way to beefy when you have them while using TMD textures.

NobreadJustRye likes this.
  2. Mr__Potatoes

Mr__Potatoes Member

I'm sorry, but command blocks would break the server. That's a definite no-go.
    TMD weapons would be ok. Just an add-on.
    Set game modes would be cool, I guess. You could make adventure maps, but what if you wanted to explore the map with creative/spectator, but only be on survival?
    Kit menu would be...meh...only useful in your case (PvP).
    I like the game mode idea the most. Nice thinking, though!;)

Armenbrine01 likes this.
  3. ArmenTheHeli

ArmenTheHeli Member

maybe command blocks would be a bit op, but I think being able to set game modes for a map would be nice. there's always that one guy who goes cmode to kill everyone

4. The7thCpt

The7thCpt Moderator

No. Command Blocks have the potential to bring down servers among other things. Adding them could go really bad, really fast.
    Nice idea. I would be okay with this.
    Can you expand on this more?
    You can access the different weapons by going into Survival Mode, and hitting mobs with "Alt Melees" or "Melees" (same thing with guns). I have most of the weapons also, if you'd like them.

-7th

5. Mr__Potatoes

Mr__Potatoes Member

7th! Can you give an opinion on my idea?

6. ArmenTheHeli

ArmenTheHeli Member

I decided not to use command blocks, but maybe something with a /give command attached would be better? I also found out that pvp doesn't work, the only thing that does damage is items shot/thrown from dispensers. RIP goals.

I was basically thinking of having a kit menu, like TMD spawn, that can be clicked to view a menu of about 20 kits. All of these start blank, and you can set them by using a command to duplicate your inventory as a kit. A function to add a kit name could be added at the end of the command, or they could just be labeled "Kit 1", "Kit 2", etc.

I didn't know about hitting mobs, thats noice XD. Im going to test it at some point. Does it matter which mob?

7. _Tachi_

_Tachi_ Member

I didnt know you could get the guns in singleplayer. I guess we all learn something new everyday

8. ArmenTheHeli

ArmenTheHeli Member

Yeah, but now melee weapons won't stay as that melee weapon when your in survival and hitting mobs. RIP

9. The7thCpt

The7thCpt Moderator

Which idea?

10. Mr__Potatoes

Mr__Potatoes Member

Just look at the "Map Maker Suggestions" tab.

11. ArmenTheHeli

ArmenTheHeli Member

I found out that players can't use levers/buttons, and can't trigger pressure plates. I'm somewhat ok with buttons not working, but no pressure plates? I had to rig every door with pressure plates so people could open it, just to find that pressure plates don't work? :(
    let's make doors openable too. I go on a map to review it, then sit there for an hour until the map owner returns so they can open a door for me :(. and can we make iron doors open by right click? <3 you staff

Special Deals
sale

Mining Dead Ultimate Crate Pack

Twitter
TeamSpeak

IP: ts.havocmc.net

Join Server
Discord