Map 3 - 2
Map 3 - 3
Izambane Islands
Map 2
Map 3
Join us at

miningdead.com

Scams and stuff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RedstoneLadYT, Aug 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. RedstoneLadYT

RedstoneLadYT Member

So, multiple people have been scamming in the server, and people know, but noone is doing anything. Is there anything we can do?

2. Chocolattae

Chocolattae Apprentice

Hey, Redstone!

It’s disappointing that scamming is so prevalent in Towny for you to have to make a thread about it, but there are things you can do and I’m glad you want to take action. Unlike regular TMD, the rules for Towny are different; Towny banishes all forms of scamming including in-game scams whilst TMD only banishes scamming that includes IRL deals.

What I’d do is document every instance of scamming you encounter and encourage others to do so as well. Once you gain a sufficient amount of proof, you can then report players by submitting a player report support ticket here or reporting them over Discord in the #requesting-help channel. You mentioned some players being prominent scammers, but unfortunately we can’t do anything about them even with the words of multiple people without proof.

I wish you luck, and again, thank you for taking the time to want to stop scammers in Towny!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  3. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

This server has been up for maybe a month and people are already scamming. Bro, can people ever not be scum? (Only the scammers, most people are good)

4. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

There have been people scamming since I believe Day 03, as I was there for most of the first 2 days and nothing much happened other than a bunch of towns dying and a bunch of people gathering resources. But that just goes to show how fast people are willing to stoop low for a profit.

5. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

To be fair the general populace of town do not scam and no one in my nation has ever scammed as far as I know particularly: New Alexandria, motown, Aquerhelm, Osterbergstadt, and Caedestium City

Special Deals
sale

Mining Dead Ultimate Crate Pack

Twitter
TeamSpeak

IP: ts.havocmc.net

Join Server
Discord