Map 2
Map 3
Click to Copy IP
Join us at

miningdead.com

With
?
Players Online

More Travel Options - Boats, trucks, bikes, and more!

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by JT900, Nov 30, 2018.

?

Should TMD have more vehicles available for use?

1. Yes

72.7%
  2. No

27.3%
  1. JT900

JT900 Member

Atlanta is a pretty big place, so there's a lot of ground to cover if you're naturally adventurous.
    Sure, there's always walking/running to your location. But let's be honest here, how many of us actually have time for that when we're not in RP? With the various terrain we're given, from forests to rivers to the concrete jungle we all know, sometimes we need a way to travel faster.
    We have cars. But where's everything else? The SUVs, trucks, boats, bikes, or even some sort of air travel?
    I get that TMD takes place in a zombie apocalypse, but that shouldn't mean most means of travel should be barred off.

The screenshot below is an example of the issue. We have the prop boats, but we can't even use them. What a shame.

Attached Files:

2. Kyritic

Kyritic Community Manager

If we decide to update past 1.9 for the pvp and pve servers, I do want to look into redoing all of transportation. I want storage, trucks hold more than cars etc. Boats should be added, I wonder if we could model them to looks better. Horses are a must. I don't know how we'd do air travel tbh it could become buggy but Its something to look into

3. JT900

JT900 Member

For the air travel stuff, just reskin an Ender Dragon and change the sounds of it to sound like a helicopter/jet/whatever. It will be buggy at first, but if you can reskin regular horses (let's be honest, that's exactly what they are) for cars, this should be a cakewalk.
    There are plugins where you can mount usually unmountable animals somewhere on the internet.

4. Dr_lolig

Dr_lolig Member

If i remeber right, across the map there are Railway tracks, so why dont add a train?

5. JBentley694

JBentley694 Builder

The requirements need to make actual block builds like the custom made boats and trains to move would create a ton of lag. We are looking into more variant skins for vehicles and possibly adding boats into the game. Again remember that the more 3D material we add to the resource pack the more heavy and lag fueled it becomes, which is way we paused after the police car addition and other skins after we saw how much lag back the resource pack gives.

Also on the trains even if we made a 3D model train not all tracks connect and some go nowhere and then we have some that currently have things on them blocking the path.

Dr_lolig likes this.
  6. Runkelpokk

Runkelpokk Member

The horses are not reskinned they where summend invisible wearing an armor stand on there head with the item of the car model also there are better and less buggy car/plane plugins like ucars/uplanes
    If you use less single cubes for 3d models that should cause less lagg

7. SirButteralotIII

SirButteralotIII Member

Why do we need more vehicles? I just see want want want not why why why. Boats are a waste of time, theirs only one river thats ever a pain to deal with its not that far either and has a ton of little islands in the middle. Air planes are op and would lag the server like crazy and we dont need suv's and trucks or whatever. Frankly some one could modify the texture pack to included other car types in place of the basic red, blue and, grey.

8. JT900

JT900 Member

But just having cars is so boring to see constantly. A little variation never hurt anybody.
    Hell, even the show had more vehixles than that.

9. SirButteralotIII

SirButteralotIII Member

If you want it so bad change the texture pack. You can do that! Ask Chlnge

10. Kyritic

Well, I think it's a wonderful idea. I don't agree with air travel but boats, horses, and different vehicles wouldn't harm anyone. Plus with storage, it would be an amazing addition.

11. maximillian12

maximillian12 Member

As Jbentley said, making these many objects move would cause a lot of lag and would most likely make the game unplayable.

SirButteralotIII likes this.
  12. Kyritic

We currently have cars, About a year ago now I made a cop car which is still currently in the game, so these would just be updated textures to resemble different vehicles like rejante is doing to the guns right now. Boats would be Minecraft boats, hopefully, remodelled but if not textured to that it looks good and fits with the game. Horses are horses which Jacob said we can add at some point.

I am not suggesting something that we literally don't have right now.

JB was talking about trains, air travel, and boats that are not the mc ones but custom ones.

13. lignd

lignd Member

Well I want helicopters, one of the resource pack already has the them, and they look beautiful. Please add helicopters at least, because while forest are a lovely feature and allow for hours wasted seeing the same old sort of trees, a helicopter would allow for quick movement above the trees. The show has helicopters now, and while they are rare, they still should be a thing. Maybe a helicopter would be rarer than juggernaut armor and legendary weapons, but would have much higher health than bikes and cars, and would also be capable of flying anywhere > 240 y. But before you add new vehicles, fix the glitch, where if you break blue and grey cars, you get red cars, and if you break bikes, you get nothing. That's also pretty important. But most importantly delete kendrq.

14. SirButteralotIII

SirButteralotIII Member

dude they said its not possible. Besides it would be op as fuck.

15. JT900

JT900 Member

Bumping this thread
    Still a problem of the lack of variety and stuff.

I'm personally wanting boats more than anything. Sure, you can use bridges, but that takes longer. And if you like shortcuts like me, the rivers are certainly not fun and is certainly time consuming to swim through.

16. SirButteralotIII

SirButteralotIII Member

I am not opposed to boats. Everything else is not necessary or op.

17. JT900

JT900 Member

How is vehicle variety and horses not necessary? TWD had many different options for travel. Lol

18. SirButteralotIII

SirButteralotIII Member

I've said previously im not opposed to horses either, however developing other new vehicles like trucks is a waste of time from a "development" standpoint.

19. JT900

JT900 Member

Having the same old bland red car isn't exactly a good thing, ya know?

20. SirButteralotIII

SirButteralotIII Member

I have car skins. The staff should be working to make the server better and to nullify all the shitty updates they made.

Special Deals
sale

Limited Time Mining Dead Ultimate Crate Pack

Twitter
TeamSpeak

IP: ts.havocmc.net

Join Server
Discord