Map 3 - 2
Map 3 - 3
Izambane Islands
Map 2
Map 3
Join us at

miningdead.com

MineWars: The Unloved Game with So Much Potential

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Brendannn, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Brendannn

Brendannn Builder

--------------------------------------------------=====--------------------------------------------------
    Hi everyone!

Let me start by saying MineWars is an awesome game, and after just a week of playing I love it.
    As a huge Star Wars fan myself, I've been looking for a Star Wars server for quite a bit, only to find
    average factions servers with bad resource packs and lame features. When I stumbled across MineWars,
    I was very intrigued and instantly fell in love. However, there are quite a few problems. Today I'm here to point some of them out I have observed. I know there hasn't been an update in about a year and a half, but this server could have SO much potential. So sit back, grab some popcorn, and get ready for a LOT of reading.

MineWars needs more love.

Star Wars is one of the most popular movie franchises out there. I think this server is probably the best Minecraft-Star Wars server (or could be the best) out there as well. However, HavocMC is focusing mainly on The Walking Dead. I think while The Walking Dead will be very popular, with monthly updates MineWars could easily pass that by. What Star Wars fan wouldn't want to ride a landspeeder right through Tatooine with their brown Obi-Wan Kenobi robes and use Mind Trick on an Imperial stormtrooper? These moments are what Star Wars fans crave, but with only 1 map and unbalanced weapons, it can be hard to get them. What am I suggesting here? MineWars needs more maps and needs to be balanced. These maps could be insanely easy to make with WorldPainter. The barren, frozen lands of Hoth, the ashy, magmatic terrain of Mustafar, the swamps of Dagobah. Other planets with cities such as Kamino, Coruscant, and Naboo would add a lot more variety to planets and would be any Star Wars fan's dream to explore. With simple builds and quests as well as some brand new weapons, outfits, and sweet rides, this could bring the excitement Star Wars fans could be waiting for. I hope HavocMC can put aside some time to give MineWars a little bit of love that it deserves and they could be rolling in the dough in no time!

Some changes based off my opinions as well as the community's

In addition to wanting more planets and blasters to immerse ourselves in the Star Wars experience, some changes to the current game would be greatly appreciated. I'll divide this into my own opinions and others:

What I think needs some adjusting:
    -Tatooine is a large planet, and is relatively baren. The planet spans nearly is nearly 9,000,000 sq. blocks. Thats a lot of ground to cover. All though there are speeders, these are relatively rare, can break, be stolen, or easily lost should you die with them. I think that gameplay could benefit from either a) a smaller map, b) a way to transport to different cities, or c) more easily obtainable vehicles/rideable entities
    -Many awesome blasters such as the DL-44 and E-11 are rejected due to commonly used "OP" weapons such as the Mandalorian Sniper, Plasma Cycler, Tusken Cycler, and DC15A, leaving the infamous lightsaber to not be as exciting to use. This leads me into my next topic.

What the community thinks needs adjusting:
    -The Legendary weapons are simply too overpowered. Flamethrowers, dubbed "flamers" are commonly called a "noob weapon" due to them using the "spray and pray" method and being able to go through blocked lightsabers. RPGs, similar to Flamethrowers are nicknamed as a noob weapon and can go through blocked lightsabers, leaving you defenseless. These either need to be removed or nerfed to better suit gameplay.
    -More quests! After getting to level 11 you can only kill people or npcs. Obviously quests take a lot of time and effort to make, but it would be well worth it for the experienced players.
    -Conquest. I got the rare opportunity to get into a game with 10 players and play, and I had a blast. The only problem is the only way to get into the game is using /server mwconquest-1, which is only known by experienced players. This is a simple fix, just fix the npcs and compass gui. There are obviously things that could be changed with Conquest, but just getting to play it for fun and to complete the 2 quests would be so much easier if it didn't take half an hour (literally) to get players to join.
    -We need space battles! This was shown in the MineWars trailer and us MineWars fans want it so desperately.
    -MineWars also only has staff on it when someone does /staff because someone is fighting. A staff member or two who likes Star Wars would be greatly appreciated, as some people can get into intense fights in chat.

Conclusion and Other Notes

Well, thanks for reading! Of course, these aren't all the things the community wants. Maybe check out the other Ideas and Suggestions? MineWars could make a LOAD of cash and get loads of fans playing with some (somewhat) simple adjustments and some not as simple changes, but it would be worth it in the end.
    Thanks for reading!

~Brendan

crookedkai, Murders_, Kendrq and 3 others like this.
  2. Kyritic

Kyritic Builder

I didnt read all of it, but I assure you that after TMD is stable, Minewars will get some love, I might even model for it.

Al_Cool and Kendra707 like this.
  3. MrMe5303

MrMe5303 Moderator

About the Conquest connecting problem you use to be able to connect through the hub using the compass or clicking on the ship in your HQ, I believe that this is getting fixed

4. SadPie

SadPie Builder

You have a lot of good ideas and I have to say I have heard most of them before. The real problem is not a lack of ideas, but more a lack of passionate builders and moders for Minewars. Basically the more people they get that can help, the quicker stuff gets done and built. They recently asked specifically for MW Builders, I suggest anyone that is interested should apply.

5. Al_Cool

Al_Cool Member

Looks like someone forgot to eat a pie! Just to stay positive, we can't expect owner to always go back on what they say. I just hope bug from last downgrade + hell night correctif would worth the wait. What people would said if they release a buggy hell night, and push back the mine wars update? Nothing have been announced because they can't do the rest faster! For now at least we could enjoy a game-play who contain a really few bug or things to change!

Special Deals
sale

Mining Dead Ultimate Crate Pack

Twitter
TeamSpeak

IP: ts.havocmc.net

Join Server
Discord