Map 3 - 2
Map 3 - 3
Izambane Islands
Map 2
Map 3
Join us at

miningdead.com

Make stealing speeders bannable

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by CravenPython108, Mar 11, 2017.

1. CravenPython108

CravenPython108 Member

If you've ever placed a speeder down in spawn, then you've probably had it stolen. This gets very annoying and sometimes bad enough to leave the server for good if your new. Example: GrapeCrush got onto _NoahPlayz_ speeder and stole it when it was broken, and this was his only speeder. I sold _NoahPlayz_ another speeder, and then SimplyMega got into it and tried to steal it. This isn't really a big deal for people who have fifty speeders in their nexus, but for new players, it's the worst thing that could happen

Sarge4id likes this.
  2. BaitMeOut

BaitMeOut Member

What are speeders?

3. Knightas

Knightas Member

Well they shouldn't place them down at spawn,people can be jerks these days.

4. exmoth

exmoth Member

Vehicles that get you around faster. Get them from players, via pvp, stealing, or trading, and crates (vote and legendary)

Well isn't speeder stealing a bit realistic? Example: if there was a speeder unwatched, couldn't someone just steal it? I mean, people destroy other people's speeders anyway. In both cases, ya'll gonna lose a speeder. And people need to be careful...
    Ex: Holding a speeder in your hand makes it obvious that someone's gonna follow you. I reckon going to one of the sides / back of your HQ. I don't necessarily think stealing speeders should be bannable. If ya loose a speeder, welp be careful where you go. (ex: pvp zones)

Culpeo_Fox likes this.
  5. Stealing speeders will never be a bannable offense for a multitude of reasons. One of the main reasons being is because staff don't have the time to make sure that the rule is being followed. If you don't want your speeder to be taken then simply go behind hq and place it, it'll reduce the chances of it being stolen.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2017
    kylelattin likes this.
  6. MrMe5303

MrMe5303 Moderator

Another way to prevent your speeder from being stolen is by simply traveling a bit out of spawn before you srt it down. Example I usually double jump twice away from spawn, look around to see if players are there, and if clear place it down and get in

7. MrMe5303

MrMe5303 Moderator

A few speeder tricks for some people who might not know about them:
    -Trying to place your speeder while looking at the ground doesn't always work, but looking slightly above does.

-Holding your lightsabre while driving your speeder will still give you speed boost making you travel even faster.

-Hitting your sprint button also makes your travel faster in your speeder (Double tapping your foward key doesn't work however, You must press the whatever key you have set to sprint. Ex: Mine is set to Q)

-holding both your lightsabre and pressing your sprint key makes your travel super fast

-If your speeder is damaged simply jump out, and break it by hand and replace it to reset its health

8. CravenPython108

CravenPython108 Member

I get that you should be careful with what you do with your speeder, but that still leave two problems. 1) new players don't know this 2) _NoahPlayz_ was actually being stalked. When he placed his new speeder down, it was 100 blocks from spawn.

9. Gangryong

Gangryong Member

This does not matter for me, i dont use speeders i just sell them but i do think this is a problem. Maybe when you spawn a speeder you automatically go in it and if someone wants to go in it with you have to invite them with a command. That way if they steal your speeder its your fault. But you cant blame an enemy for stealing your speeder.

10. Qmo

Qmo Member

All of the tips in this thread are spot on so I have little to add in regards to smart ways to place your speeder so it isn't hijacked. It's the risk you take in a cutthroat open world server like Mine Wars. When you die in PVP and have a speeder in your inventory, it becomes free game. You died because at some point you made a mistake and someone else capitalized on it. The same applies for placing the speeder. Make a mistake with what should be considered common sense when it comes to placing a speeder, and someone will inevitably capitalize on it. You learn that lesson pretty quick. Eventually you wont lose any more speeders because you start placing it when nobody is around. If you're being stalked, then you either go on foot, or wait in spawn like you're afk until the person stalking you loses interest. Banning someone for stealing a speeder frankly sounds ridiculous.

exmoth and ArmenTheHeli like this.
  11. CravenPython108

CravenPython108 Member

I guess its fair enough that stealing speeders shouldn't be bannable. And you are right, most people learn soon enough after losing a speeder.

Qmo likes this.
Special Deals
sale

Mining Dead Ultimate Crate Pack

Twitter
TeamSpeak

IP: ts.havocmc.net

Join Server
Discord