Map 3 - 2
Map 3 - 3
Izambane Islands
Map 2
Map 3
Join us at

miningdead.com

>Dual-Wielding & Bacterial Infections<

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Chocolattae, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Chocolattae

Chocolattae Apprentice

Seeing that Chlnge recently made a poll foreshadowing that amputation is on its way back into the server assuming the majority votes for it, dual-wielding should make a comeback. Do keep in mind that this suggestion is inspired by ThunderDragon's own suggestion regarding amputation!

Why?
    Dual-wielding added along with amputation is the perfect combo! They complement each other. I understand there are limitations in development because of the server utilizing 1.8 models, but dual-wielding shouldn't be left out in the dust once TMD's updated!

Extras:

• You can't use the other hand if you amputate your arm or amputating renders weapons that require two hands (ARs, Snipers, etc.) useless.
    • Amputation leaves you more susceptible to a bacterial infection that can cause complications and inevitable death unless you use antibiotics. (Antibiotics' only function shouldn't be curing you of a walker infection when you can instead cure yourself by healing 10 hearts.)

FalseHorseFranz and JBentley694 like this.
  2. Snek87

Snek87 Apprentice

I do have a question regarding amputation. How will you be able to return function to your second hand? If I do recall correctly they had a prosthetic arm that was in-game at one point, but I could be very wrong.

3. JBentley694

JBentley694 Builder

We had prosthetic legs and we never got around to adding prosthetic arms so instead antidotes grew back limbs.

FalseHorseFranz and Chocolattae like this.
  4. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

But that makes no sense. We are not reptiles (unless you're the lizard guy from Oscorp), henceforth, we cannot grow back limbs. Prosthetic limbs would be nice to see again. A lot of things would be nice to see. Dual wielding, server update to 1.9 (AT LEAST)

Chocolattae likes this.
  5. FireRageHD

FireRageHD Member

The antibiotics are pills, if they were to heal you of everything then that completely removes the purpose of medkits in the game. Also, it's a 1.8.9 server supported format. Adding duel wield would mean they would have to switch completely over to 1.9+ and I'm pretty sure they said in one post or in chat that they won't add something like duel wield to the server due to complications. Also, I figure it would be way too hard to code an entirely new and separate dual wield system just for tmd to have it for 1.8 users.

6. Chocolattae

Chocolattae Apprentice

Thanks for helping me improve upon my suggestion by taking the time to type your reply out. I didn’t say that antibiotics would heal you of everything, only infections and bacterial infections associated with amputation. Med kits and bandages would still yield benefits. I only recommended antibiotics dealing with bacterial infections so they’d have a function aside from curing you of a walker infection when the same can be done with bandages. Doctors do prescribe oral antibiotics for infections including ones affiliated with amputation.

Moving on to your concern about dual wielding: I understand that it’s not possible for the near future, but it’s still a nice feature regardless should the staff team decide to implement it when (or if) the server updates to 1.9+. Dual wielding especially ties well with amputation considering Chlnge made a poll foreshadowing the return of amputation not too long ago. I should’ve clarified in my initial post, but it’s alright. I was able to double check because of your reply and for that, I’m thankful.

Special Deals
sale

Mining Dead Ultimate Crate Pack

Twitter
TeamSpeak

IP: ts.havocmc.net

Join Server
Discord