Map 3 - 2
Map 3 - 3
Izambane Islands
Map 2
Map 3
Join us at

miningdead.com

Coin kits

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by CastielCraw, Aug 23, 2019.

?

Are you a witch? - No, why?

1. Because I'm under your spell.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Because you're ugly as hell.

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. CastielCraw

CastielCraw Member

Good evening (or morning) ladies and gentlemen. Before I start I made a little "scientific" background story for today's suggestion. I advise you to read it in order to get into a more "apocalyptic" mood, if you aren't already feeling it. Have fun!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ]
    Item #: "Coin kits"
    Item Class: "Suggestion"

Personal log informations / User: Dr. Bennel
    Code informations [B12:837] : Access granted...

[START LOG : 17:11 PM-23/08/2010]
    "I gathered some informations about paranormal activities near Atlanta in Shirewilt. Retrieval troops can expect about... 28 subjects. Captain █████████, a former commander of the retrieval team told me about what happened in Hartsfield. I can't even think about it without seeing these damn pictures. It wasn't planned to begin like that..."
    [END LOG : 18:23 PM-23/08/2010]

[START LOG : 13:49 PM-25/08/2010]
    "The council decided to put together an elimination team in order to hold the infected down. To keep them small. For these they decided to invent and implement a new system. The "Coin kits" as they call it. Basically supply drops, that can be requested via radio. I was told, that the team will start their mission in 2 days. Until then I will wait how things will turn out and report how the mission went."
    [END LOG : 13:56 PM-25/08/2010]
    It may be a bit brief, but I hoped you liked it anyways. As in the log from 25/08/2010 stated, I suggest a new kind of kits the players can choose from. The "Coin kits". Not really original, but if you have another name idea, I would be pleased to hear it. Anywaaaays....

Idea description:
    Coin kits are kits, which can be used in-game in the whole world without having to die first. But if you want to use one, you'll have to pay first. At this point it's probably important to note, that after a player bought a kit, a cooldown for that kit will start. The cooldown depends on the value of the kit, which can be determined by price and utility. The payment balances the value of the kit itsself plus the fact, that the kit can accessed from anywhere. For example:

Player "DerpyPro_XD" is in Alexandria. He's wounded and needs medical help, so he buys a "Med Kit", which contains, for example, (1) Medpack, (5) Bandages and (2) Antiobiotics. A minute later "DerpyPro_XD" is cured and is ready to go on his next adventure. A cooldown from 5 hours started.

I hope, that this kind of illustrated the idea. Now I will show you a possible variant I worked on:

How it works:
    Our player "DerpyPro_XD" just got the message, that his friends are in great danger. Sadly he doesn't have a car or a motorcycle. What's he gonna do now?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Typing /kit
    [​IMG]

An interface opened. It shows a crossbow and a RPG. He hovers with his curser over both.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pretty self-explaining.
    2. "In-game kits" and choosing kit.
    For the situation "DerpyPro_XD" decided to view the "Transport kit", which is located between the "Melee kit" and the "Medical kit", which he used in the example before.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since the kit contains a motorcycle for fast-travell he decides to spend the 1.500$. He soon reached his friends and was able to protect them from the walkers. A cooldown of 7 hours started.
    The payment for the "Transport kit" is 1.500$. The price can of course be moved lower or higher depending on financial situation on the server.

Why this should be implemented:

I thought about this since I first joined on the server(, which was last week) and after discussing it with some other people I finally decided to post it. As stated in the descriptions above, the kits are being balanced by value, utility, price, cooldown and individual situation, which, if all 5 are being considered carefully, can only benefit the server and its players. Spamming and abusing will be prevented by the cooldown, while new players get the chance to get medical help and transport support in order to explore the map and/or treat themselfes. In the images above I "implemented" 5 new kits. An armor kit, a gun kit, a medical kit, a transport kit and a melee kit, of which at least one will appeal to every player at the beginning of his apocalyptic career.

That's it. I will probably add some content later, but this should be it. I hope you liked my thread and the idea and if not I would be pleased to read some feedback.

(Sorry if my English sounds a little choppy. English is not my native language.)

FireRageHD likes this.
  2. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

It is an interesting concept and I would like to see something like this implemented maybe not the friends part but I do believe they should be a fixed price. I also think donors should be less cooldowns like with tpas.

3. CastielCraw

CastielCraw Member

The friends part is just an example in what kind of situation one could consider to buy a kit.

4. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

Ah I like it then.

5. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

Not a bad idea... kind of like material specific supply drops

6. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

It is a good idea but has a few flaws.

7. CastielCraw

CastielCraw Member

Can you explain what flaws?

8. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

How would the friends mechanic work afterward and how could the payment work for people who are new or poor.

9. CastielCraw

CastielCraw Member

As I said in the post above there's no "friend mechanic". It was an example. I could also have said:
    And his friends messaged him via Discord, that they are in great danger. I'm just giving a situation one could find himself in where the use of one of these kits would be considered. There is no friend mechanic. And since these kits are for players who just joined and for players who died, I'm also suggesting to add 5000k to every newcoming player.

10. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

The /friend plugin and such exists.

11. CastielCraw

CastielCraw Member

The friend plug-in still got nothing to do with the idea.

12. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

I figured that it did due to the whole "Our player "DerpyPro_XD" just got the message, that his friends are in great danger. Sadly he doesn't have a car or a motorcycle. What's he gonna do now?" thing.

13. FireRageHD

FireRageHD Member

I like this idea, and I think it would add more use to money in the game if you are new and don't want to suicide to get back to spawn.

14. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

Fair point.

15. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

Uh... do you mean 50000000 or 5000? 5 million would be ridiculous. I've worked hard to get 2m lol

16. CastielCraw

CastielCraw Member

5k, sorry. 5 Million would really be ridiculous, although I don’t mind a couple of coins more.

17. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

Imagine getting 5M for joining the server

All older players be like: *making alts noises*

OnlyCrazyPvP likes this.
  18. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

Hahah ikr. I'm at like 2.4m right now, I didnt get jack when I joined! I got a few starter kits and that was it

FalseHorseFranz likes this.
  19. FalseHorseFranz

FalseHorseFranz Member

Exactly, you gotta work hard to make a lot of money and I appreciate that.

20. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

I had 2.7m before the reset :(

Special Deals
sale

Mining Dead Ultimate Crate Pack

Twitter
TeamSpeak

IP: ts.havocmc.net

Join Server
Discord