Map 3 - 2
Map 3 - 3
Izambane Islands
Map 2
Map 3
Join us at

miningdead.com

Better TMD Bandits

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by stompyblue, Jun 30, 2020.

1. stompyblue

stompyblue Member

Ok, so recently I have been using the Hunter kit on TMDPVP1 to find new people and recruit them for my team, and I have been taking them back to base on a motorbike and syringes, and I have noticed that every 3-5 mins, a group of bandits will spawn just by the side of the road, and will just drop down, stand completely still, and shoot at the bike, breaking my armor, and regularly killing the person sitting on the back. This is particularly annoying as each journey lasts for about 5-10 mins, I also wear out my armor to around 300/500 durability, and around half the time, they person I am with just gets shot off the back, they then they either log off, or try to go back for their stuff, where they are then shot dead again by the same group. Now the bandits in this zone are around 1-5, and spawn in groups of around 7 or 8, so gradually decrease the health of the bike across the journey. Now maybe the bandits could only spawn maybe whilst there are no players within 100, in a forest or somewhere, then make their way towards the closest player, because not only do I have most of the new players that I rescue killed instantly by them when they spawn only 10 blocks away, or right outside their house, but it would also mean that newer players would have a chance to see the bandits coming closer, and would then be able to escape, this would be especially useful in the plains because it would then give people around 2-3 mins or time to get out before they reach them, instead of just spawning randomly in front of them.

2. Dsawemd

Dsawemd Member

Bandits are a little stupid, like all vanilla based entities.

Instead of biking them in, have your noobs tpa to your base if they don’t have enough armor to survive the reverse drive-by.

3. farmerapple

farmerapple Member

Me and Stompy try to introduce beginners to the game with no teleport, and introduce them to the harsh side of life first
    Tp's are too complicated and ruin the atmosphere of the game
    Like I've posted on my other thread, and as Stompy says, we train loads of beginners, so need a base, well another base
    (Linking back to my thread on base exchange) :)

4. Dsawemd

Dsawemd Member

1. Too bad, I don’t like tpa either but it’s in-game. Maybe instead of boycotting the sever tools, use them, and the server balance will be less frustrating

2. You don’t train nearly as many as my team does, get on my level. /team posse *flex*
    Having a base that noobs can access isn’t particularly necessary. If you want to save on upkeep, instead of getting a second base just make trusted team mates base members on your base, and keep “team permissions” to denied. That will keep the recruits out of your storage, and your trusted lieutenants can access storage to help the noobs.

5. farmerapple

farmerapple Member

'Get on your level'?
    We don't just hand them riot then leave them
    We introduce them to the game
    You cant expect a noob to stay on with just stuff, they need an experience, and they need personality

Thanks for the team access advice btw I didn't know that
    :)

6. stompyblue

stompyblue Member

I am replying to you because when i try to introduce new people to the game, I try not to tp them everywhere constantly, because that ruins the survival experience

xHobbes likes this.
  7. Dsawemd

Dsawemd Member

Then you need to either give them armor and healing items to survive the trip, or stop the car, get out, shoot the bandits for them, and continue. That’s the survival experience.

Going to the forums to make bandits easier instead of fighting them in-game isn’t “the survival experience”.

To original thread idea: having bandits spawn from a wider radius around players would increase entity lag, -1. They already spawn fairly far away from you.

To escape from bandits, your unprepared noobs need to run in the opposite direction, then go around, instead of their jugg driver plowing them through the enemy in a straight line.

Most of the bandits carry double barrel shotguns, smgs/assault, and have a limited agro range. That means they do little damage around 30 blocks and no damage around 50. Put a tree or wall between the bandit and you ASAP, and keep running noobs...

8. mindblaster007

mindblaster007 Member

They just nerfed bandits a week ago... and I honestly think they should be buffed a tiny bit more. All you need to do is have healing items and armor, really, from my experience, I’ve been able to take them out with melee weapons alone since they’ve been nerfed.

9. Dsawemd

Dsawemd Member

One bandit change (which most servers already have in some form) that could help your noobs: scaling the PvE.

Harder bandits/wolves in t4 zones, easier bandits/pve in t1 zones. Currently fighting a lvl 4 bandit team feels about the same as fighting a lvl 9 bandit team. Make bandit levels meaningful.

In t4 zones it would be cool to see some lvl 20 bandits that dropped better guns, worth more $ per kill, but were also dangerous enough to make riot geared players think twice about engaging them alone.

10. farmerapple

farmerapple Member

If bandits spawn changed they should be more dangerous and have no name tag
    But they should allow you more of a chance to sneak up on them

11. mindblaster007

mindblaster007 Member

Don’t quote me but I don’t think you can code it that way... when they spawn they immediately go for players in-range like every hostile mob in the game. All ik that they can change is accuracy, health, and quantity.

12. farmerapple

farmerapple Member

I can see what you mean, but maybe they could spawn in less numbers
    I mean it looks awful when you see a group bandits drop from the sky

Instead of spawning near players they could spawn at different locations, not dependant on whether there is a player there or not

Bandits are the number 1 beginner killer

13. Dsawemd

Dsawemd Member

So again, if staff made bandits spawn further away/independent from player locations, there will be more entities on the map, and there will be more lag.
    It is best for server load to have PvE spawns only happen in recently loaded chunks.

I see nothing wrong with bandits killing noobs who try to fight them. Instead, Run behind cover, then Run out of range of the bandits. Or Run behind cover and Melee the bandits as they walk around a corner.

Bandits are only hard if your noobs fight fair and/or charge thoughtlessly at the bandits.
    Fight in defilade, soldier.

Special Deals
sale

Mining Dead Ultimate Crate Pack

Twitter
Discord