Map 3 - 2
Map 3 - 3
Izambane Islands
Map 2
Map 3
Join us at

miningdead.com

Actually having some set of rules for PvP MW

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by JT900, Jan 31, 2018.

1. JT900

JT900 Member

So during the time I've been playing MW, the lawlessness is just running rampant.
    Scammers, base killers, camping. All that stuff.

Some rules even contradict each other.
    A Jedi/Sith can go to the front of the enemy's base and camp snipe every spawning/respawning player, yet in defense of not wanting to die, it's against the rules to try to take care of the problem outside of the range of the enemy.
    That range being the actual inside of the base.
    What are we supposed to do? Stay holed up in the base until they leave with all of our stuff, not being able to do missions or even get XP? What bullcrap is that?

The scammers make off with your hard-earned CC or weapons, you get nothing (less than nothing, in fact) but it's apparently illegal to be mad about it?

Who made these rules? And why would they make them seem so illogical?
    I say fix the rules so the lawlessness wouldn't be so lawless. This is why I recommended a PvE world that'd actually have rules, but I doubt it'll even be implemented...

Zepat likes this.
  2. Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Cat_Squirrel_Inc Member

Well, the same rules, as described in the Havoc Rules, apply to Mine Wars.

Also, in-game scamming is allowed... use /trade next time, or be more mindful of what your items are really worth.

3. JT900

JT900 Member

But the thing is that /trade is no different than just dropping them.
    They put an item in, you do too.
    They take the item out and you accept the deal.
    What happens? Where are your items? It's with the person you just "traded" with.
    They run off, brag about stealing your stuff, then you're with a lot less than you had.

4. Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Cat_Squirrel_Inc Member

Uh, you both have to have selected "accept" at the same time--> both blocks are green. You will see when they remove items, as it marks them as "editing." Also, it's kind of your fault for not paying attention during your trade deal... Like I said before, in-game scamming is 100% ok. So long as there is no irl money involved, we're good.

5. Andycool

Andycool Member

I'm pretty sure the "base sniping is illegal" was made up by a high level who didn't want to die from people inside hq. I doubt you'll ever get banned for that.
    In general, trading isn't a great idea on pvp servers because of how many people try to scam. If you don't know a guy fairly well, don't try to trade with him.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc likes this.
  6. JT900

JT900 Member

Thanks for justifying scams. That's not what I'd expect from someone like yourself.
    And no, it doesn't label it as "editing" because they immediately escape the trade right after both are green.
    Sorry you haven't seen it for yourself, but it happens.

So they're just being pansies when I do that? Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I learned my lesson about that when a scammer made off with 1k of my CC and rocket launchers she said she was going to trade.
    I got both in the end though. Lol

7. Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Cat_Squirrel_Inc Member

8. Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Cat_Squirrel_Inc Member

I'm not justifying them, I'm just saying they're allowed and that you should be more careful when trading

9. SadPie

SadPie Builder

The trading system seems good to me. Used it plenty of times and have never had issues, I agree that although it is quite intuitive there are people that struggle to understand the simple system of trading:
    1. you place the items on your side that you wish to trade then select to lock in those items
    2. you wait for the other player to place the items you want on there side AND make sure they also LOCKED those items in
    3. you can now accept the deal if you are happy with the trade

I don't think it is possible to make this any more idiot proof, however due to bad explaining I am not sure if you are trying to state that there is an exploit you wish to inform us of. If this is the case please demonstrate this to a staff member on Mine wars, I myself would be very interested in testing this.

Migloof likes this.
  10. JT900

JT900 Member

I'd be glad to show you. I just gotta figure out how they do it. It's certainly an exploit, I know that much for sure. I just can't figure out how they can immediately make off with both items.
    I will show you as soon as I do.

11. Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Cat_Squirrel_Inc Member

Well, when a trade deal is closed by pressing E or ESC (not clicking the blocks), then all items are returned to the corresponding player's inventory.

Special Deals
sale

Mining Dead Ultimate Crate Pack

Twitter
TeamSpeak

IP: ts.havocmc.net

Join Server
Discord