Map 3
Click to Copy IP
Join us at

miningdead.com

With
?
Players Online

A Sr Mod's Experience With The Whisperers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kendrq, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Kendrq

Kendrq Sr Moderator

So let me start this off by saying that I had no intentions on coming across these spooky whisperer things. I forgot they were even implemented in this game. Ya girl was just tryna have a good time and instead I got rattled to my core. With that said, let's begin.

It all began when I decided to random tp out of a safezone with absolutely no gear. I figured it'd be fun to go on a hardcore apocalypse survival adventure. I'm running around, having a bit of fun trying to dodge groups of walkers while punching solo walkers with my bare fists. I mean, it's what they deserved, yknow? Think about how many families they slaughtered. Anyways, I'm running around trying to find a house or two to loot because my hunger bar is getting dangerously low. I kind of just assumed at this point that I was going to starve to death because I was ignorant enough to think I could survive without even a single piece of food or a water bottle.

By some twist of fate, I managed to follow a road far enough to along to come across a little walled-in patch of homes. Survivors inside? Maybe. I run around to the side of this community and find that one of the gates are wide open. There's no question now; there's no survivors inside this place. Whatever or whoever was here is either dead or long gone. I stealthily step past the entrance and bolt towards the nearest house on my left, dodging a few straggling walkers along the way. I close the door behind me and scout out the inside of the house to check if there are any walkers hanging out inside. All clear. I find a few pieces of scrappy food and a screwdriver.

Having cleared the house of anything valuable for my survival, I push the door back open to search the rest of the town. When I open the door, I realize that the few straggling walkers have amassed themselves into a pretty decent sized group. So I do what any survivor in the apocalypse does: slaughter. This is where things go south for me, though. You see, after slaughtering about 10 walkers that looked at me like I was a fine piece of steak, I walked down the street to take out another one. This one was different though. I hit him, but suddenly hear a hissing sound and get knocked back. I look around to realize I'm surrounded by whisperers carrying knives and swords. At this point, I nearly piss myself (irl too, I screamed - the hissing scared me ok bye). Long story short, my no-armor, screwdriver-wielding self managed to out maneuver the imposters and take them all out.

I go back to looting. A few minutes later, I'm outside with a leather jacket and cap, and I have a sledgehammer as my new weapon. A walker scratched me and I got an infection. I didn't feel like using my bandages for that at the time, so I just walked around for a bit. I ended up with a stage 3 infection while slaughtering some walkers. Unfortunately for me, I ended up right in a circle of whisperers again. This time their attacks were quicker, and between them and the infection my health dropped to 2 hearts in about a single second. I go running down a strip of road and use my /heal command as soon as I'm far enough away. (Mind you, I'm going "fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck" irl because I was NOT tryna die today, Satan). I slaughter those whisperers and decide I've had enough of this "adventuring" for the night. I went back to a safezone and put my gear away for my next adventure.

11/10 would recommend others to try a similar adventure. It's fun if you let yourself experience the fear.

TL;DR - Sr Mod forgets about server features and gets spooked like a small infant. Thanks for reading bye ily.

xKilyn, seuboi, JBentley694 and 7 others like this.
  2. I_Am_Beta

I_Am_Beta Helper

We Kill All

-Beta

Kendrq likes this.
  3. SirButteralotIII

SirButteralotIII Member

The whispers are stupid shit. Sorry but its true they're a horrible feature and theirs to many of them.

scubadiverkitty1 likes this.
  4. JT900

JT900 Member

Git gud skrub

The Whisperers were a great addition. You just don't know how to fight them. :p

5. SirButteralotIII

SirButteralotIII Member

I think I would be better at fighting them considering I play tmdc... There not difficult either just a pain in the ass to deal with.

6. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

Whisperers are great. During a pvp fight or when you're on the hunt (hehe kit hunter op af) they can be nerve-wracking and a problem, but now you're constantly on your toes, staying away from large groups of walkers. Depending on how many players are nearby, walker spawn rates go up like crazy, and what determines whether they are whisperers or not is an unlucky time or random code. The whisperers are "agitated" in a certain radius which makes all the ones within it whisperers too. So if there are about 20 walkers near and you hit one, it's a whisperer, and you've got little gear, run like hell. I love this feature, seeing as it gives the game a better sense that you're never truly safe. In PvP, without safezones, it'd be insanity.

seuboi and Kendrq like this.
  7. Kendrq

Kendrq Sr Moderator

A lot of people including myself love the whisperers. Sorry to hear you don't like them, but I actually wish they spawned more often. They make things more interesting than just carelessly whacking walkers knowing you won't get hurt.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc likes this.
  8. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

Exactly. It's more exciting on PvE, instead of just slashing apart walkers with a katana. If you're careless, you die.

seuboi likes this.
  9. SirButteralotIII

SirButteralotIII Member

Well I dont play silly pve so it is very annoying when im trying to fight somebody.

10. JT900

JT900 Member

Then watch your back. There's more difficulty and it's a nice change to the same old boring gameplay the server used to have.

We all have to deal with them in pvp. And if you're worrying about wasted ammunition, use your sidearm if you have one.

Attached Files:

Cat_Squirrel_Inc and seuboi like this.
  11. ThunderDragon3

ThunderDragon3 Member

Jt has the right idea. Sidearms aren't just a movie and video game cliche. Carry a CZ-P09 or an UZI. Its not hard. Cz does good damage and has the best clip size of the pistols. Main weapons and then you basic side. Easy and simple

JT900 likes this.
  12. SirButteralotIII

SirButteralotIII Member

lmao pistols are complete ass. Plus you cant really pain when your shooting a walker with a shit ass pistols.

13. JT900

JT900 Member

Seems like the salt is running deeper than the Whisperers here.
    Why, specifically, do you think pistols are bad for this? It takes 3-4 shots if you can aim right. And 1 if you can land a headshot. No need using pains in that situation.

14. SirButteralotIII

SirButteralotIII Member

1 shot will not kill bud we fight in riot. 3-4 shots is to many I can do you in 2-3 with a barret or a spas, not to mention how inaccurate pistols are even at a close range. 1v1 me on tmdc just to see how different pvp is.

15. JT900

JT900 Member

I'm not even talking about headshots on players. .-.
    If you forgot, I'm talking about shooting at Whisperers. Undead too, if you wanna work the conversation that way.

16. SirButteralotIII

SirButteralotIII Member

pistols suck thats it.

17. JT900

JT900 Member

Only to you, it seems.

seuboi likes this.
  18. SirButteralotIII

SirButteralotIII Member

and the rest of tmdc

19. JT900