Map 3 - 2
Map 3 - 3
Izambane Islands
Map 2
Map 3
Join us at

miningdead.com

A beginners guide to bases

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by farmerapple, Jul 19, 2020.

1. farmerapple

farmerapple Member

So basically, for every hour I play on TMD, I see about 3 or 4 beginners asking how to get a base

I'm just gonna make this guide to clear everything up and to reference when in game

So basically, the first thing you need to know about bases is that they take loads of effort to make

If you're not seriously considering spending good amounts of time on the server, then a base isn't for you

Also, if you dont want loads of responsibility, the joining a base is a lot easier.

But here is how to create a good one

The requirements are first of all:

A good team, which you trust, (not necessary but really helps)
    Good combat gear
    The last but most essential thing is to have money, you will have to have money if you even want a base
    I would suggest at least 300k

The second thing is that you need to prepare
    You cant just get one of the best things in the game in a few hours
    It may take a few days, but you will need to work out who you're taking the base from, how much health it is on, and how many rockets you will need

Try to get rockets from looting
    Here is the rough amount you'll need for each base tier:

Around 1 1/2 stacks for tier one
    About 2 1/2 stacks for tier two
    Nearly 3 stacks for tier 3
    And nearly 5 stacks for tier 4

Tier 5 is a waste
    Its 13 stacks of rockets, if fired completely correctly, possibly more
    Dont aim to raid a tier 5 base

Once you've figured this out, and assembled everything, you will need to think about how you are actually going to fight the people defending it, and whether you have enough money to claim and upgrade it once you're victorious

Preferably choose a time when the defenders aren't online, and when you have around 4 or 5 hours at your disposal
    This will make it easier
    There may still be passer byes trying to fight you, and you will need to think about this as well

So you will need to fire the rockets at the base, and on he top bar of your screen this will show you the health of the base as you break into it

Once it is as 0 health, it will give you the option to claim it

Do not hesitate to claim, for it is unprotected, and anybody can come along and do this, not just you, so claim it ASAP

Next thing is, once you have claimed it, os to get materials, and upgrade the walls
    Only upgrade other things once the walls and maxed out

It will take around 27 dufffles of metal to do this, when your walls are at tier five, and to upgrade them to tier 5, you will need around 5000 of each material, and about 400k in cash

Then check the upkeep, and put cash into tha base
    The upkeep should be at around 14 days at least before you log off for the day

Remember also to check who you raided it from

They could easily come back and take it off you
    Try and make peace with them, and help them
    Holding grudges and teasing them will only persuade them to harm you more

Also most of the time, the people who already have the base will be better than you, so dont aggravate them, or be nasty, and dont challenge them at all

Also never mine for resources
    You can buy them
    A tier four item usually scraps for around 64 metal, and military armour scraps for cloth
    You can get from buying wooden bats
    This is around 40000 per 5 stacks fo wood

It seems expensive, but it's worth it

If you're base is not absolutely maxed out in defense, I would recommend scrapping everything you have for materials until it is

Hope this helps :)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
Special Deals
sale

Mining Dead Ultimate Crate Pack

Twitter
Discord